• Register Today It's free!

need help finding shocks

dpeebs

Reaction score
City, State
manitoba canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 ford explorer
im looking for shocks for my truck, the rear shocks have kyb gr-2 and the front are painted over so i cant tell what shocks they are. in the rear its a soa and has a plate where the shock does up and the shocks in the front are longer than the back i ws told my truck has a 6 inch lift and auto part stores cant find any shocks can anyone point me in a good direction, also i fund somw skyjacker shock that are 44.38 per shock they say they fit but need options thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 5.5" superlift on my explorer. It came with Rancho RS5000 (not sure which model) but I didn't know how many miles were on them so I bought new Superlift Superride 85280 shocks for the front which you can get from SummitRacing for $33.56 each. For the rear shocks, since I went SOA and I kept the mounting position in a similar length as stock, I run stock length Gabriel Ultra G63607 shocks. Your application may be different depending on where you have your shocks mounted to on the axle.

mine are mounted on a plate on the top of the leaf spring

Do you have any pictures?

shock_zps57a775fb.jpg

shock2_zps1c9e26d7.jpg

shock3_zpsf0ff9e10.jpg

here are some pictures of my shocks

I believe the rear is stock length.
And that red paint must be annoying.

i like the red on my truck but who ever painted it did a crappy job, im assuming they did it to help sell it because it nt the whole frame thats painted

i need help with the front though will any explorer 3-6 inch lift shocks fit the front? or will i run into issues down the road with them?

Back