• Register Today It's free!

Anybodt see green ones ?

emrldnrgh

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach , Calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2K Ex. XLT 'Ema'
I have seen just about every Stock/Factory color out there on the gen. 2 Xs an' a few custom colors, even some fugly colors. So I think I could say that I have never seen the factory Metallic Sage Green color on an X. From the color chips I have seen it's a lite/ medium green. I have seen Three diff. greens in the 2nd gen. X , but not this particular shade.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're talking about the "Evergreen Frost" color:

6081660.jpg

I've seen very few. There is a 1997 Limited at the junkyard right now with that color, but they are not very plentiful around here...

About 10 years ago, I almost bought a green metallic 95, a little darker in colour than that pic above. Was in Woodstock, ON but I'm sure it's since been scrapped (had high miles then)

There is one in my local Junk Yard as well, Nice interior, except it is GREEN! I want to say it is a Eddie Bauer aswell, with a build date of 07/96... I have been to it a few times because it is the closest to the build date on mine, for comparing things.

Greens

Yeah, it's light like that (I've only seen that one 3 times) But it's kinda like a light Olive Green. I have seen the Jade Green, and the Jewel Green many, many times. The Green Frost very few times. This particular color I've only seen once at a Truck Show in the L.A. area. I asked the owner and he said it was a Factory Sage Green Metallic color which he put 5 more coats of clear over. Reason i'm trying to find out is I would like to Two-Tone my Y2K X with this color.:D:thumbsup:

Surry , it's Spruce Green Metallic not . . .

:rolleyes:Sage Green as I had suggested . :usa:

I think my 01 is spruce green.

explorer002_zpsf662717f.jpg

Yeah' Thats it man . . . .

:thumbsup:I envy you, I looked all over Calif. when I was looking for am Ex. People said I was being picky but, I never found a Spruce Green one. Please check the Color Code number on your VIN tag for me an' let me know it? Thank You . Have you posted it before an' anybody say what an odd color it is? It's not a well know or popular color and most people don't like the color Green unless it's in their pocket, lol . Nice truck, what color of int. does it have? Eng. & trans? What have you done besides wheels & tires, that's not stock roof rack isit?

Thanx 4 d pic man ,
Mel' :exp: :burnout:

:thumbsup:I envy you, I lookedall over Calif. when I was looking for am Ex. People said I was being picky but, I never found a Spruce Green one. Please check the Color Code number on your VIN tag for me an' let me know it? Thank You . Have you posted it before an' anybody say what an odd color it is? It's not a well know or popular color and most people don't like the color Green unless it's in their pocket, lol . Nice truck, what color of int. does it have? Eng. & trans? What have you done besides wheels & tires, that's not stock roof rack isit?

Thanx 4 d pic man ,
Mel' :exp: :burnout:

I have only had it since March.
All stock ...5.0,I just put Monroe coil overs in the rear and turned the torsion bars up some.
Someone did tint the front side windows.
Just under a 100k and the interior is like new..gray cloth .
I looked on the door for the color code but did not see it.
The vin gives the color code?
Thanks!
I still have my 95 explorer also with the 4.0 and 5 speed stick as a beater..still runs great with a 150,000 hard miles!
explorer004_zpsa093bcfa.jpg
explorer001_zps0cb54719.jpg

...anybody say what an odd color it is?

Refer to the sentence below my screen name, haha. I get so many people telling me it's grey. I absolutely love this color paired with the darker Estate Green on the bottom of my Mountaineer. I have plans for a far-off future project car to use the same 2 tone Spruce Green/Estate Green paint.

Refer to the sentence below my screen name, haha. I get so many people telling me it's grey. I absolutely love this color paired with the darker Estate Green on the bottom of my Mountaineer. I have plans for a far-off future project car to use the same 2 tone Spruce Green/Estate Green paint.

I checked your pics out..nice ride!
I never seen this color till I went to look at it and it was a good part of the reason I bought it.
It was on CL and I thought for sure it was grey or silver till I went to look at it.

So what color or # do I tell my painter? Ya know, i'm wonderin' if it really is a special order color or for Limiteds/Eddies or What
? Rare future Collectible Maybe? :rolleyes: Ha

:smoke: Somebody find me a Nice '98 XLT 2wd I'll buy it . . . Rsnbly! :biggthump:thumbsup:

Back