• Register Today It's free!

Performance sport14

B0wers

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer sport
What easy performance parts can be put on my explorer sport 2014 I just installed the exhaust. I know of a cold air intake to get a little bit of power. The turbos can be tuned but what's max hp it can get for those little turbos or is there a upgrade in turbos I can install that will not blow my motor also a bov blow off valve do they make them for the these suvs also performance cat like magna flow and actual dyno results just want to be extremely different don't care about cost need to know guys thanks :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, that's one long sentence.:) There are several threads on 'tunes' etc that have a lot of information in them already. Have you checked them out?

Peter

What's performence?....is it kinda like performance?

Just a suggestion, don't waste your money on a CAI.

Unless its for looks only.

Buy a tuner instead you will be much happier.

Cold air Intake doesn't do anything at all so it's a waste of money ? Sgt1411? Also and I ordered livernois tune last night, also sorry for the "long sentence" was at work trying to get quick information. I wasn't trying to type it out and was on my
Phone.

I'm glad I decided to do an Mdesign intake. It looks super nice, turbo's are more audible and my IAT's dropped and hover around whatever the outside temp is. The stock system although a good system had IAT's higher than the outside air. I just need to have my tune revised now

Cold air Intake doesn't do anything at all so it's a waste of money ? Sgt1411? Also and I ordered livernois tune last night, also sorry for the "long sentence" was at work trying to get quick information. I wasn't trying to type it out and was on my
Phone.

Thank you for the business, we greatly appreciate it! What are your ultimate performance goals?

Who is building reworked (higher flow) turbo impellers? Additional cooling (larger intercooler) to go with them. Just saw info on this but can't remember company name. It was someone with experience in the turbo field.

I just ordered my plugs from Livernois with my 3Bar next up. If I didn't do the Mdesign intake i would have went with Livernois's cold air as that one is effective as well. Eco power parts is actually offering a billet impeller wheel for the stock turbo's which probably is a nice piece. I'm not sure there is a direct fit replacement for the intercooler for the Sport. It would be a nice addition though.

Who is building reworked (higher flow) turbo impellers? Additional cooling (larger intercooler) to go with them. Just saw info on this but can't remember company name. It was someone with experience in the turbo field.

Joe, we like to use ATP for our EcoBoost turbo upgrade kits. We have had amazing results with their kits. Our WR holding SHO with 617awhp and 608awtq is an absolute monster! There is nothing like it. Just keep in mind, after going FBO you are out of fuel system. We recommend going with our ALKY meth kit installation after going FBO. After that we recommend going to our extreme shortblock as the next weak link is the shortblock. Our extreme shortblock features our exclusive piston, rod, deck brace, sleeves and fasteners. You can read all about it HERE

I would love to upgrade to the ATP units. The addition of meth will supplement the stock fueling for these turbo's?

I would love to upgrade to the ATP units. The addition of meth will supplement the stock fueling for these turbo's?

Correct. And we use straight meth (preferably VP M1) as there is no measuring or mixing needed. Also we have tested pretty much every kit out there and there have been major issues with almost every kit available, until we started using the Alky Control kits!

Phone.

You will love the tune(s) you purchased from Livernois they make the Sport a different beast.

Yes regarding the CAI, I spoke DIRECTLY to some of the Ford EcoBoost engineers about the use of improved air box. Not engineers or people selling a CAI, people who have nothing to gain by providing factual information as opposed to anecdotal information. They barely stopped short of saying the aftermarket CAI business is merely marketing.

Does anyone really think the OEM's wouldn't do a simple CAI if it grabbed them an extra 1-2 MPG or some extra HP?

They advised me to not waste my money.

I didnt listen to them and purchased one anyways, not only did the drone noise drive me insane but my MPG went down. I sold it right away.

To each his own, there are many here who believe a CAI works and if it works for you then you're in luck.

You-Tube has several video's showing unbiased 3rd party real testing of different CAI designs and how they showed no gains.

They look good though.

You will love the tune(s) you purchased from Livernois they make the Sport a different beast.

Yes regarding the CAI, I spoke DIRECTLY to some of the Ford EcoBoost engineers about the use of improved air box. Not engineers or people selling a CAI, people who have nothing to gain by providing factual information as opposed to anecdotal information. They barely stopped short of saying the aftermarket CAI business is merely marketing.

Does anyone really think the OEM's wouldn't do a simple CAI if it grabbed them an extra 1-2 MPG or some extra HP?

They advised me to not waste my money.

I didnt listen to them and purchased one anyways, not only did the drone noise drive me insane but my MPG went down. I sold it right away.

To each his own, there are many here who believe a CAI works and if it works for you then you're in luck.

You-Tube has several video's showing unbiased 3rd party real testing of different CAI designs and how they showed no gains.

They look good though.

What type of drone did you have? I haven't heard anything except sometimes when I'm in boost and let off quick I hear a blow off type noise. Could be the factory ones though. I wasn't going to do a CAI either because I've read the same things you did but ended up going with one anyway. If anything it cleans up the bay nicely.

I didn't listen to them and purchased one anyway, not only did the drone noise drive me insane, but my MPG went down. I sold it right away.

I can't even hear mine, I have not noticed any difference in mpg.

The part I do like is now I have a serviceable nanofiber "dry" Air Cleaner.

301B2BA4-B80D-4B4B-8093-82E647DCB4F8.jpg

0D998F6A-8EA4-4228-9C3B-8ED055A6EB3E.jpg

[MENTION=234035]Livernois[/MENTION] looking to get into 10 second daily driver with my sport I am waiting for the delivery of my tune I plan to purchase the atp turbos for 2200$. But I'm going all out with my sport as far as I can with 8k$.

I can't even hear mine, I have not noticed any difference in mpg.

The part I do like is now I have a serviceable nanofiber "dry" Air Cleaner.

301B2BA4-B80D-4B4B-8093-82E647DCB4F8.jpg

0D998F6A-8EA4-4228-9C3B-8ED055A6EB3E.jpg

Looks sweet, but we would prefer to stay away from metal for tubing. The molded plastic might not look as awesome, but it is great at killing conduction.

Looks sweet, but we would prefer to stay away from metal for tubing. The molded plastic might not look as awesome, but it is great at killing conduction.

This I know. The only reason I did the swap was for the improved filter.

[MENTION=234035]Livernois[/MENTION] looking to get into 10 second daily driver with my sport I am waiting for the delivery of my tune I plan to purchase the atp turbos for 2200$. But I'm going all out with my sport as far as I can with 8k$.

10 seconds?

We will see what the limits are of the fully built 3.5TT in a few days at our CAD track day, but right now we have the quickest SHO [MENTION=58212]11[/MENTION].9.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I watched a video on a CAI install and after much testing of different setups it was concluded that to have any effect at all, the air should not be drawn from the engine compartment but from an outside location. This and having a plastic rather than metal tube would cut down on heating the air being drawn in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCi2yo4UqPI

Peter

Back