Performance sport14 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance sport14

It's going to take a lot more than $8k to get into the 10's on an Explorer Sport. My guess is mid-12's is the best you'll see for that type of budget.

What $8k gets you (FBO basically):
Custom tune- $600+
Downpipes and exhaust- $2000+
Plugs+t-stat- $200
MAP sensor- $100
Turbos- $2200+
Meth kit/fueling- $1000+
Intake-$300+
Custom intercooler/cooling- $1000+

I think once you are done with the above, and throw in a few odds and ends, you're sitting around that $8k number. That's probably good for a mid-12 second Explorer Sport (maybe a little over 400 AWHP?). Anything else, and you are getting into an engine build, bigger turbos, more fueling and cooling needs etc. That's going to add an easy $6-15k on top of the above depending on what you do with the engine, turbos, and fuel system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

10 seconds?

We will see what the limits are of the fully built 3.5TT in a few days at our CAD track day, but right now we have the quickest SHO [MENTION=58212]11[/MENTION].9.

Trying to have one bad ass explorer though if I wanted a car I would have gotten a mustang but i wanted to be different turn heads and family can pile in but do we have any other options on what I can do until then? Haha

The new turbos give 200-250 Hp awhp at the ground im not sure I just ordered forge rods not sure what plugs I need

The new turbos give 200-250 Hp awhp at the ground im not sure I just ordered forge rods not sure what plugs I need

Maybe the turbos will support that much on paper, but it will take a lot in supporting mods to get them there. Rods and a built block are a good start, and LMS's testing should give you an idea as to what the block is capable of. I just think to get into 10's you need 700 HP give or take a hundred.... Even if the turbos can support it and block can handle it, you'll need a full fuel system upgrade, and then possibly upgrades to the transmission, differentials, axles, cooling, etc. It starts getting expensive quick when you are talking about doubling the HP of a 365 HP SUV that really seems to tap out in the 500 HP range. I'm not saying it can't be done; anything can be with enough money, but it won't be cheap getting anything in the 11's or below. I'd love to see it though....

Well I'll get there lol just want some information. thanks everyone I am not forum savy trying to figure out how to summit videos or pics haha but thanks I'll keep that in mind

Trying to have one bad ass explorer though if I wanted a car I would have gotten a mustang but i wanted to be different turn heads and family can pile in but do we have any other options on what I can do until then? Haha

That is TOTALLY possible! You can do full bolt on for around $3500, new turbos will run about $2500 and then tuning and installation....

Maybe the turbos will support that much on paper, but it will take a lot in supporting mods to get them there. Rods and a built block are a good start, and LMS's testing should give you an idea as to what the block is capable of. I just think to get into 10's you need 700 HP give or take a hundred.... Even if the turbos can support it and block can handle it, you'll need a full fuel system upgrade, and then possibly upgrades to the transmission, differentials, axles, cooling, etc. It starts getting expensive quick when you are talking about doubling the HP of a 365 HP SUV that really seems to tap out in the 500 HP range. I'm not saying it can't be done; anything can be with enough money, but it won't be cheap getting anything in the 11's or below. I'd love to see it though....

The motor definitely needs to be upgraded at that point! That is why we offer the extreme shortblock.

If this is the avenue you are going I would love to see this build progress with pictures.

^^^^^^^^ I agree! That would be an INSANE build! I can't even imagine pulling up next to a C7 or a Hellcat and blowing them away in a little baby 3.5L EcoBoost!

Yeah guys soon as I order it up I'll have my nephew set up videos for me and pics no good on this forum stuff but that's the idea [MENTION=234035]Livernois[/MENTION] is there away for it to happen with out that block forged Pistons rods? Can it even be cammed?

Yeah guys soon as I order it up I'll have my nephew set up videos for me and pics no good on this forum stuff but that's the idea [MENTION=234035]Livernois[/MENTION] is there away for it to happen with out that block forged Pistons rods? Can it even be cammed?

Impossible.

^^^^^^^^ I agree! That would be an INSANE build! I can't even imagine pulling up next to a C7 or a Hellcat and blowing them away in a little baby 3.5L EcoBoost!

Running only your 93 high boost v2 and having no issue taking older srt8s 0-60. The looks on their faces when they give up....:thumbsup:

Running only your 93 high boost v2 and having no issue taking older srt8s 0-60. The looks on their faces when they give up....:thumbsup:

LOL! That is AWESOME! :salute: to you!

Back