CA: Off Road Expo '13 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CA: Off Road Expo '13

..My Ultra4 Spec Car pictures have been added..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Ready for some news tidbits from the show?

..All this information will blossom on it's own in the future (Most of it at SEMA), but for now consider it for what it is...These are things I saw and heard at the show and this is my perception, and since they are in developmental stages they may change at any time..;)

..BFG is working on changing the MT and AT tires...

..Someone in SoCal is working on making a bolt-on Dana44 TTB kit for the Ranger's, Explorer's and BII's already running TTB..

..It's time to check out "Dirt Everyday" on Youtube with Fred William's hosting...They just did a bunch of testing out here at several familiar and favorite wheeling spots..:biggthump

...You may have already heard that it was announced at the Offroad Expo this that Jeff Knoll started another week long offroad event..

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/competitions-events/1470722-another-week-long-off-road-event.html

...and if you thought wow, that's a bunch of info to walk away with just wait..There is more..:D

New about BFG replacing the A/T last year's show. Zukman and I got pulled in BFG's trailer for some feedback.

The bolt on TTB 44 kit I knew about too....Zukman has one.:D Just need to weld it all together. ;)

..:shifty_ey ..BFG had a few of their new tires there secretly on display..If someone didn't point them out to you you may have never even noticed them..

..The Dana44 TTB kit I'm referring to is in development by some guys in the San Diego area and there will be no welding, just a bolt on kit..I don't want to jinx it as we've heard of these kit's before and as old as the TTB's are getting it would be great to have more newer items for our vehicles..:biggthump

..And at the GenRight booth, Tony's car was wearing socks..

PA051450.jpg

...I offered him $10 bucks to let me take a peak underneath and he just laughed and said I had to wait till SEMA..:D

PA061730.jpg

..It's time to check out "Dirt Everyday" on Youtube with Fred William's hosting...They just did a bunch of testing out here at several familiar and favorite wheeling spots..:biggthump

That stuff was not for Dirt Every Day. They had 2 show vehicles though, the Alabama Army Truck in the Skyjacker Booth and the CJ in the Painless booth from an upcoming show.

..:shifty_ey ..BFG had a few of their new tires there secretly on display..If someone didn't point them out to you you may have never even noticed them..

..The Dana44 TTB kit I'm referring to is in development by some guys in the San Diego area and there will be no welding, just a bolt on kit..I don't want to jinx it as we've heard of these kit's before and as old as the TTB's are getting it would be great to have more newer items for our vehicles..:biggthump

Actually we're excited to get the non welded kit so we could make copies:thumbsup: It's all just flat stock pieces laser cut. Like a paper doll kit.:D We got it off DR.

..Sorry if a few of these are blurry..(long story)..:(

..Here's a mix of a bunch of behind the scenes shots of the people who make up this offroad community of ours..See how many you can recognize..:popcorn:

IMG_20131005_160626.jpg

PA061886.jpg

PA061848b.jpg

PA061820b.jpg

PA061807b.jpg

PA061776.jpg

PA061685b.jpg

PA061701b.jpg

PA061709.jpg

PA061717b.jpg

..Some more..

PA061723b.jpg

PA061740.jpg

PA061758b.jpg

PA061766b.jpg

PA061772b.jpg

PA051681.jpg

PA051639.jpg

PA051641b.jpg

PA051669b.jpg

PA051679.jpg

...and some more..

PA051634.jpg

PA051630.jpg

PA051622b.jpg

PA051602.jpg

PA051600.jpg

PA051562b.jpg

IMG_20131005_161043.jpg

IMG_20131005_174405.jpg

IMG_20131005_183840.jpg

PA051395.jpg

PA051397.jpg

..Some more??

PA051430.JPG

PA051477.JPG

PA051482.JPG

PA051494.JPG

So Ted...what's the low down on LED's? I saw a ton of them out there, and I was looking for a killer deal, but didn't really see any. I mean there coming down for sure...just not there yet. I did see some 7" HID's for $50 bucks a pop, which was pretty good!:thumbsup:

...:scratch:..I found a deal on LED's real close to me which was a better price than any I found at the show...I could have got some really good deals at the show, but my source was a few dollars cheaper..(hopefully one of my trucks will be re-done for TH)

..In fact, lights were probably the biggest selling item out there as it seemed everyone had a brand of one kind or another..

..I did see some new LED lights that would be awesome for tail lights and PaulB.'s and Winters project came to mind as these are the slimmest I have seen and man were they bright..:eek:

..I fixed the link...rookie...:p:

Back