I swear, it just followed me home last night (new truck) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I swear, it just followed me home last night (new truck)

One more upgrade:

4Z7v6Dbl.jpg

MagLite 6x D-cell within easy reach of the driver.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hear ya on those seats, the way they were engineered it's just nearly impossible to get something that falls under there. Within a matter of hours of owning mine I dropped a bic lighter underneath it.

Where did you get those replacement lights? eBay? I've got a '96 4dr, same color, and I've been debating just going at mine with a toothbrush or ordering some fancy LEDs off there.

Overall looks fine, especially the paint and wheels. What are you planning to do about carpet replacement?

edit- flashlight mount is really cool. First thing I did when I got mine was get an inverter for the cig lighter to charge my phone.

Where did you get those replacement lights? eBay? I've got a '96 4dr, same color, and I've been debating just going at mine with a toothbrush or ordering some fancy LEDs off there.
Amazon.com. Got the turn signals & headlamps from two separate vendors:

Headlights

turn signals

All the parts fit perfectly with ONE exception. I had to take the adjusters off the old headlights, as the new adjusters did not fit properly.

Overall looks fine, especially the paint and wheels. What are you planning to do about carpet replacement?

Thanks! The paint isn't perfect; there are a few scratches and scuffs, but nothing down to bare metal, and zero rust.

Carpet wise, nothing for now. That said, a cut-it-yourself roll of generic automotive carpet can be had for peanuts & pocket change, so, eventually, I'll undertake that project.

edit- flashlight mount is really cool. First thing I did when I got mine was get an inverter for the cig lighter to charge my phone.

The flashlight doesn't charge off the truck, but, I'm super happy with where I've mounted it.

Since picking it up, none of the dome lights worked, save for the one all the way in the back. So, i grabbed some 12v LED modules I had laying around, and:

khV9SJnl.jpg

So... I kinda got tired of looking at the whacking great big hole in the dash, and BestBuy had a Whun Hung Lo special for, like, $20...
2BRK94dl.jpg

$20, about a dozen or so wire crimps, and three band-aids later...
iKdDrJ5l.jpg

Souuuuuund.

One more upgrade:

4Z7v6Dbl.jpg

MagLite 6x D-cell within easy reach of the driver.

Hey, I like that a lot!! I have my Maglite stuffed between the passenger seat and the console. Where did you those brackets?? They come with the flashlight?:salute:

EDIT: Found a local store online that carries Maglite Mounting Brackets! Whoo-hoo - getting a set tomorrow!

96Green -

Welcome to the forum and it looks like you scored a nice Sport!

Carpet wise, nothing for now. That said, a cut-it-yourself roll of generic automotive carpet can be had for peanuts & pocket change, so, eventually, I'll undertake that project.

Say man - when you replace the carpet with your hand made set, PLEASE do a write up w/ pics! It's something I've always wanted to do on my Sport, but don't want to drop the coin on a pre-cut set ;)

Hey, I like that a lot!! I have my Maglite stuffed between the passenger seat and the console. Where did you those brackets?? They come with the flashlight?:salute:

EDIT: Found a local store online that carries Maglite Mounting Brackets! Whoo-hoo - getting a set tomorrow!

They are MagLite brackets, which I got at the same hardware store (Ace) i purchased the flashlight at.

96Green -

Welcome to the forum and it looks like you scored a nice Sport!

Say man - when you replace the carpet with your hand made set, PLEASE do a write up w/ pics! It's something I've always wanted to do on my Sport, but don't want to drop the coin on a pre-cut set ;)

Thanks! I'm still debating precut vs roll, and if I go roll, doing the full truck vs the front seat area only (i never have rear seat passengers, and will likely take the rear seats out and stash them in the attic)... automotive carpet is cheaper by the roll, but, it's a lot of work to cut and shape it... Whichever way I go, I will do a full write-up.

Thanks! I'm still debating precut vs roll, and if I go roll, doing the full truck vs the front seat area only (i never have rear seat passengers, and will likely take the rear seats out and stash them in the attic)... automotive carpet is cheaper by the roll, but, it's a lot of work to cut and shape it... Whichever way I go, I will do a full write-up.

Cool deal - either way a write-up w/pics would be much appreciated!

Personally, I'd go with pre-formed carpet. It's not that expensive (<$200) and it will make the job so much easier. On a side note, I don't know how long your fog/driving lights are going to survive living out in the front of the bumper though.

Personally, I'd go with pre-formed carpet. It's not that expensive (<$200) and it will make the job so much easier. On a side note, I don't know how long your fog/driving lights are going to survive living out in the front of the bumper though.

They are cheap Whun Huang Lo trash... If they get smashed, I have an excuse to put some nice LED units out front. That said, your concern is noted and appreciated.

Back