City, State
Fort Worth
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Screenshot_2015-10-16-00-14-58-1_zpsx2xv6drs.jpg
Snapchat-5287000954380413647-1_zpsizoykviw.jpg
Snapchat-6042579700208234622_zpsbyjd3rhq.jpg
Snapchat-6474072431575854773_zpsdqulbwbl.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just finished this retrofit on my explorer, I used the mini H1 (although I was tempted to use my FX-R 3.0's) got 5,000k bulb's connected to 55w ballast, I also installed a halo ring, I'll and a few more pics tomorrow, while the headlights were apart I painted them flat black, I got pretty good results, also took my turn signals apart and painted them to match too, next is my foglights, maybe a mini 2.0 projector with a set of rgb halo rings added, anyways the total cost was about 200$ and took about 5 hours, (3 for painting and dry time and 2 for installation) I also make a wire harness so that way I can still keep my high beams and also activate the bi-xenon feature on the projector looks really good, I also got very nice color flicker.#:D

Looks great! Depending on what path I take with my Explorer, I plan to do something similar. Keep up the good work!

Looks great! Depending on what path I take with my Explorer, I plan to do something similar. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I think it gives the explorer a aggressive look, got to hook up the led halos on them! :D

***Update Picture's***
Got everything hooked up and ready to go! :D
IMG_20151016_180350_zpswnmt4r8k.jpg
IMG_20151016_180650_zpsuezxb8fn.jpg
IMG_20151016_180925_zpsnnx07mbz.jpg
IMG_20151016_181115_zpsjdeboku0.jpg

Looks beautiful! What wheels do you have? I'm looking for a nice (and new) OEM set. (Don't want to go aftermarket)

Looks beautiful! What wheels do you have? I'm looking for a nice (and new) OEM set. (Don't want to go aftermarket)

Thanks, that's my baby :), I have the oem stock 17's from the XLT trim, in my opinion I think these wheel's look the best! Good luck finding a set!

Thanks, that's my baby :), I have the oem stock 17's from the XLT trim, in my opinion I think these wheel's look the best! Good luck finding a set!

Thank you! I agree. My 2005 XLT came with the standard rims I see on most Explorers of that gen.

Black Explorers look the best on the 3rd gen, IMO. The red on mine is growing on me though. I didn't like it at first! I like white or black vehicles.

K8PbUd.jpg

Two have some minor corrosion issues causing slow leaks that I have to watch and add air every two weeks or so, so I'm looking into replacement options.

What wax do you use? Looks mirror shiny. Just waxed mine for the first time with Turtle Wax last weekend. Ran out of daylight for a 2nd coat, but it turned out pretty well. She was super dry! I'd like to do a double-coat of wax before the white stuff falls.

Thank you! I agree. My 2005 XLT came with the standard rims I see on most Explorers of that gen.

Black Explorers look the best on the 3rd gen, IMO. The red on mine is growing on me though. I didn't like it at first! I like white or black vehicles.

K8PbUd.jpg

Two have some minor corrosion issues causing slow leaks that I have to watch and add air every two weeks or so, so I'm looking into replacement options.

What wax do you use? Looks mirror shiny. Just waxed mine for the first time with Turtle Wax last weekend. Ran out of daylight for a 2nd coat, but it turned out pretty well. She was super dry! I'd like to do a double-coat of wax before the white stuff falls.

Beautiful explorer!! I use a regular carnauba paste wax from my local details shop, it's their brand, but when I wash it and it's not really dirty I use meguiars ultimate quick wax, it's 10-12$ a bottle but in my opinion it's some of the best stuff that I have ever used! Leave a nice buttery smooth finish and beads water like crazy, but if I had to use a big name wax I will highly recommend meguiars paste wax in a can, I always wax twice before winter, since thus is this cars first winter with me I'm going to buy a cover for it! :D

Thank you! I appreciate the advice and recommendations on the wash and wax. Good idea for the winter, your Explorer will handle the snow very well! Mine drives like a dream in the winter. The 4x4 auto is neat, and it's nice you can put it in 4x4 high and low too.

Thank you! I appreciate the advice and recommendations on the wash and wax. Good idea for the winter, your Explorer will handle the snow very well! Mine drives like a dream in the winter. The 4x4 auto is neat, and it's nice you can put it in 4x4 high and low too.

Lol your explorer for sure, mine...not so much it's just a 2wd with a posi mated to 3.73 gears, trust me with that 4.6 v8 I even have trouble taking off from a light when it rains, so in the snow it will be a little bugger haha!

Lol your explorer for sure, mine...not so much it's just a 2wd with a posi mated to 3.73 gears, trust me with that 4.6 v8 I even have trouble taking off from a light when it rains, so in the snow it will be a little bugger haha!

My 2x4 Ranger was like that. Very frustrating in the snow, to say the least. Especially in Michigan. My Explorer does a lot better, even in 2x4 mode (sometimes the 4x4 auto doesn't need to turn on) but obviously for the rough stuff, 4x4 is fantastic!

My 2x4 Ranger was like that. Very frustrating in the snow, to say the least. Especially in Michigan. My Explorer does a lot better, even in 2x4 mode (sometimes the 4x4 auto doesn't need to turn on) but obviously for the rough stuff, 4x4 is fantastic!

Wow, that's great, we just get maybe 3-4 inches of snow here in texas, and this will be my first winter with it so I'm excited to see how it performs! I'm just so used to driving my Awd lexus it's just wonderful in the ice and snow lol!

Back