Blacked out eddie bauer trim and more ;) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blacked out eddie bauer trim and more ;)

SemiGamer

Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer
Aye guys! Went a little paint crazy today haha.

Before:

B2eGe8C.jpg

After:

39gZx3N.jpg

e6ABWop.jpg

Up next is tint, black headlight mod and bigger tires :)

Heres some photos of the paint process, used Diamont paint D403 if anyone is interested in doing the same!

http://imgur.com/a/EZyP7

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great!

I'm in love with that grille! What was your method to painting it? I'd like to do the same but paint it tan to match my EB Trim

Edit: Also the wheels! :)

I'm in love with that grille! What was your method to painting it? I'd like to do the same but paint it tan to match my EB Trim

Edit: Also the wheels! :)

Hey buddy! At the bottom of the first post I put a link to photos of the paint job, but to sum it up, the Grille and Trim is done with Diamont Automotive paint, I got it mixed at the local paint shop to match the color code on the sticker of my door so its an exact color match.
Then just wet sanded the pieces real good and then had my buddy spray the paint with his paint gun, 3 coats of paint and then 2 coats of clear to get the shine.

As for the wheels they were an experiment to see how I liked them black so I did them with 4 coats of Plastidip Black and 3 coats of Plastidip Glossifier on each wheel.
It looks good so if/when the plastidip wears off I'm going to do the same to the wheels as I did to the grille / trim :)

Hope that helps!

I've got a bullbar from JCwhitney and BORA Spacers from Motorsport-Tech coming in the mail so I'll post more pictures when they're installed :)

Hey buddy! At the bottom of the first post I put a link to photos of the paint job, but to sum it up, the Grille and Trim is done with Diamont Automotive paint, I got it mixed at the local paint shop to match the color code on the sticker of my door so its an exact color match.
Then just wet sanded the pieces real good and then had my buddy spray the paint with his paint gun, 3 coats of paint and then 2 coats of clear to get the shine.

As for the wheels they were an experiment to see how I liked them black so I did them with 4 coats of Plastidip Black and 3 coats of Plastidip Glossifier on each wheel.
It looks good so if/when the plastidip wears off I'm going to do the same to the wheels as I did to the grille / trim :)

Hope that helps!

I've got a bullbar from JCwhitney and BORA Spacers from Motorsport-Tech coming in the mail so I'll post more pictures when they're installed :)

I look forward to seeing what you have in store! :)

Actually, I've been looking into spacers to help with the stance. Did you go with 1.5" or 2? your rims are 18" right?

Actually, I've been looking into spacers to help with the stance. Did you go with 1.5" or 2? your rims are 18" right?
I honestly couldn't decide if 2" would be too big or if 1.5" would be too small so I said screw it and got 1.75" spacers hahah, either way I think it'll look good!

I honestly couldn't decide if 2" would be too big or if 1.5" would be too small so I said screw it and got 1.75" spacers hahah, either way I think it'll look good!

I agree, i'm actually looking right now. Very good pricing and reviews seem pretty good. However i'm very hesitant you buy spacers. I have heard horror stories with them. But I really like the aggressive stance. I have a small list of things I need to fix/replace so I guess these will definitely go on the list

I agree, i'm actually looking right now. Very good pricing and reviews seem pretty good. However i'm very hesitant you buy spacers. I have heard horror stories with them. But I really like the aggressive stance. I have a small list of things I need to fix/replace so I guess these will definitely go on the list
Yeah I searched and searched and searched again and all videos and reviews I found said if you buy good ones you shouldn't have issues so I decided to go for it haha, I personally thought the price was a little steep but in a good way where I feel like I'm paying for quality atleast haha ($57.50 each, came to like $230 plus shipping for 4).
Definitely will take before and after photos when I get them on the truck!

Yeah I searched and searched and searched again and all videos and reviews I found said if you buy good ones you shouldn't have issues so I decided to go for it haha, I personally thought the price was a little steep but in a good way where I feel like I'm paying for quality atleast haha ($57.50 each, came to like $230 plus shipping for 4).

Please do, I'm very interested in doing it!

Thanks bud!

Went ahead and painted the headlight bezel :)

U6ZV98Kh.jpg
Hey the grill looks great, I've also got a black 2010 EB. Been thinking about blacking out the chrome. Where in south jersey? I'm on the Philly side of the river.

Honestly I have been running some cheap eBay 1.5" 5x45 $100(for all 4!) spacers paired with some loctite and proper torquing(?) for over a year now with no adjustments to them other than inspecting them periodically. They've worked 100% perfectly without any problems whatsoever. No wheel wobbling or anything like that while supporting a set of stock 16s and 265/70r16 Cooper ATP's, plus they make the car look so much better. Here's a few images that show the stance from when I first bought the tires in January, granted everything always looks better in person.

IMG_0713_zpspz6vj3kq.jpg

IMG_0723_zpskblihitp.jpg

Hey the grill looks great, I've also got a black 2010 EB. Been thinking about blacking out the chrome. Where in south jersey? I'm on the Philly side of the river.

Thanks a lot man! I think it looks a whole lot better black instead of Chrome so I fully support you! Haha
I'm in the Egg harbor Township area if you're familiar with SJ!

Honestly I have been running some cheap eBay 1.5" 5x45 $100(for all 4!) spacers paired with some loctite and proper torquing(?) for over a year now with no adjustments to them other than inspecting them periodically. They've worked 100% perfectly without any problems whatsoever. No wheel wobbling or anything like that while supporting a set of stock 16s and 265/70r16 Cooper ATP's, plus they make the car look so much better. Here's a few images that show the stance from when I first bought the tires in January, granted everything always looks better in person.

IMG_0713_zpspz6vj3kq.jpg

IMG_0723_zpskblihitp.jpg
Ah looks so good! Thanks for the photos man, does your truck have fender flares? Can't quite tell, my Eddie Bauer flairs just seem so damn thick haha :(

SemiGamer, my truck does not have any fender flares other than the rolled metal. My truck was one of the first 4th gens ever made so it is barebones with no fancy trim or special features at all!

Ni
SemiGamer, my truck does not have any fender flares other than the rolled metal. My truck was one of the first 4th gens ever made so it is barebones with no fancy trim or special features at all!
I think it looks pretty darn good without the flares! I thought about leaving mine off but the rolled metal has holes in it for the fenders which just looked bad IMO so I painted the fenders black and slapped them back on haha

Installed the bull bar and light bar today :) waiting for spacers in the mail!

PPHkFqMh.jpg

Made a quick video this morning showing how the bar is wired if anyone is interested :)

Finally got her spacers on
Only have a filtered picture I grabbed real quick in the rain for social media but it'll do!
a3QHFA3h.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back