5r55e OD problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5r55e OD problems

chermansen

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer
can anybody explain to me the meaning and procedure of "air testing the servo" at the valve body on a 5R55E? I have incurred DTCs P0735 and P0741 and this was mentioned as a possible solution. Ijust changed the valve body gaskets; it shifted up and down flawlessly. The next drive cycle, however, began with the OD light flashing on/off intermittently. Is it possible I screwed something up when I changed the servo gasket? Help, svp.

What is the code that you are receiving now, is it the P0735 or the P0741 or both again?

The P0735 code could be a problem with the overdrive servo and the P0741 code could be a solenoid, valve body, pump or converter problem.

5R55e air checks.JPG

Many thanks for the great picture. I must confess that this is my first foray into this type of repair. Previously, the truck would not shift through the higher gears (he just bought it). as a favour I did a little research and changed the valve body gaskets. What stymies me is the fact that these conditions (p0735,p0741) did not exist until the next morning (probably the third or fourth drive cycle). Thanks for for your time, JK080. Forgot to say that first road test was successful all around. is it possible that I may have inadvertently not seated the servo when I changed it's gasket?

Back