Solved - Stuck O.D. servo. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Stuck O.D. servo.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

SmallTownTech

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Currently attempting to install the aj1e servo correction kit, but I can't seem to get the OD servo out. I was able to get the cap out by spinning and prying with the screw driver but the servo itself is not wanting to come out. I've attempted spinning the servo while tapping the case, but no luck. Any tips on getting this out without pulling the valve body?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I were in your situation I would also be curious as to whether or not the apply strut will stay in place when the servo comes out. Do you have the transmission removed from the vehicle?

If I were in your situation I would also be curious as to whether or not the apply strut will stay in place when the servo comes out. Do you have the transmission removed from the vehicle?

Transmission is still in the vehicle

Put a screw into the servo so that you have something to grab then pull it out with a pliers or a prybar.

Didn't have anything on hand to dig into it. Finally ended up getting it today. Cut down an allen wrench and notched the end a bit. Pulled out with then and moved around the outside with a screwdriver to help it along.

Back