Need help with Error Codes RCM & IPC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with Error Codes RCM & IPC

saif.M

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015, Explorer XLT
Good Day everyone,

I'm kinda new to explorer i bought my car 3 weeks ago but the owner, I have 2015 XLT American Specs, the owner who sold me the car told me he had an accident on the passenger door but he fixed it, the car is amazing I'm driving it day and night nothing wrong with it but when I connected it to forscan it shows me the following errors
http://imgur.com/a/KYRON

The Problem nothing showing on the cluster no check engine or any other sign, I've checked all the signs its working,But sometimes when i drive I hear warning beeps coming from the Cluster ( same sound when you open a door) but no signs on cluster ! how can i resolve this issue please help me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good Day everyone,

I'm kinda new to explorer i bought my car 3 weeks ago but the owner, I have 2015 XLT American Specs, the owner who sold me the car told me he had an accident on the passenger door but he fixed it, the car is amazing I'm driving it day and night nothing wrong with it but when I connected it to forscan it shows me the following errors
http://imgur.com/a/KYRON

The Problem nothing showing on the cluster no check engine or any other sign, I've checked all the signs its working,But sometimes when i drive I hear warning beeps coming from the Cluster ( same sound when you open a door) but no signs on cluster ! how can i resolve this issue please help me.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm not familiar with Forscan but I'm sure someone who is will be along to assist.

Peter

I would try clearing the codes with FORScan first, if they come back then there are either permanent DTCs or freeze frames set in the module. The RCM will definitely have freeze frames set after an accident and these can only be cleared by a dealer with Ford IDS.

I've cleared the codes and it came back again when I connect the ForScan, The Problem with Middle east Dealer any ford car imported they don't want to accept it and my car imported from the states.

I've cleared the codes and it came back again when I connect the ForScan, The Problem with Middle east Dealer any ford car imported they don't want to accept it and my car imported from the states.

Did all of those codes come back after a reset? If so, it sounds like there may still be a problem that was not fixed with the repair after the accident. None appear to be permanent DTCs (U: codes) so there is probably a reason they still appear. Does the module list in FORScan show any freeze frames under RCM?

could you explain to me what do you mean by freeze frames ?

Click on DTC(yellow triangle) then click on the module names for a better description of the codes. A screenshot from the modules under the page would be helpful too. A "freeze frame" is a type of permanent code that is set after an accident or module failure. Clicking on the module under this list should tell you if a "freeze frame" is set and should also describe the DTCs(error codes) that are set in each module.

main1_en.png

The APIM error appears normal and can be ignored, the RCM errors are all related to the accident. It appears there is crash data stored in the RCM, I am not sure if this can be reset or if the RCM needs to be replaced since it contains an event data recorder. I know that FORScan cannot clear crash data. There also appear to be some open circuits, if those don't clear after fixing the RCM then I suspect that some connections were not completed after the repairs. I hope this helps...

thanks for the help I really appreciate it, Do you advice me to change the RCM ? or there is a program to Reset it even if its not free

thanks for the help I really appreciate it, Do you advice me to change the RCM ? or there is a program to Reset it even if its not free

Ford IDS may be able to clear and reset it but only a dealership or shop with access to Ford IDS can do that. I am not sure what is involved in changing that module but I would only use a new module and not one that has been involved in any crashes.

Forscan can delete a Crash Flag in the RCM but it appears the Explorer isn't one of the models supported at this time (according to release notes). It's not like the regular DTC clear but it's a service procedure like PATS key programming or battery monitoring system reset. Go ahead and look in the service procedure section to make sure it isn't already there (I'm not near my Ex right now otherwise I would look).

Send your logs to the Forscan team and maybe they can get it working. Maybe all they need is a guinea pig to test it.

Crash Flags can be reset up to 5 times before you have to pull the EEPROM.

Look at this link on how to contact and the info they need.
http://forscan.org/contactus.htmlhttp://forscan.org/contactus.html

I would confirm that you in fact have airbags in the vehicle, one of the codes said the airbag light is showing an error. Doubt its as easy as pulling a bulb but it looks to be a serious enough crash that multiple airbags were deployed.

I would confirm that you in fact have airbags in the vehicle, one of the codes said the airbag light is showing an error. Doubt its as easy as pulling a bulb but it looks to be a serious enough crash that multiple airbags were deployed.
it had an accident on the passenger door side, but the previous owner of the car fixed it, the problem on the cluster I don't have any kind of light signals warning msgs, only the airbag light its light is off ( when no one is sitting on the passenger side ) and on ( when someone is sitting on the passenger side), next week I'll take it to an airbag shop to check these errors out and find out the problem.

Back