• Register Today It's free!

Show me your wheels?

Dan17ExpLtd

Reaction score
City, State
Millersville, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
I just bought a 2017 Limited and I want new wheels but I'm not sure how the styles and colors I favor will look on my truck. Looking for ideas and inspiration.

f9QZOJ3VnIDs5TA?width=987&height=587&cropmode=none.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet looking!

My problem is that I really like anthracite/gun metal shades on wheels but I'm not sure how that will look with the MM paint. Not sure I want to go with black either but still thinking about it.

Sweet looking!

My problem is that I really like anthracite/gun metal shades on wheels but I'm not sure how that will look with the MM paint. Not sure I want to go with black either but still thinking about it.
Yeah, I didn't even know I was getting these rims. This is my company vehicle, and I got to pick the color and interior. They gave me the option of the Miko suede/leather trim seats, which I liked better than the standard leather. When the car showed up, it had the rims and the sport package stuff too. Not sure my company knew the seats required the sport package upgrades, but I really like it. FYI, the rims actually match the car color since they are painted magnetic metallic too. They are 20" and handle and ride well. It has the blacked out EXPLORER letters on the front, and no chrome anywhere.

20180217_162817.jpg

New to me 13 limited... And I color coordinated!

Great looking rides!!!

Here is mine with gun metal

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

I freaking love gunmetal wheels and that style rocks too I'm just afraid of how they'll look on mine.

To be honest the Velgen gun metal is different than most of the gun metal gray wheels on the market. I was a little hesitant to go with the gray, I just knew I wanted something different than black.... everyone has black wheels either painted, powder coated or Plastic Dip. People are always commenting on the color (in a good way). Personally I think they would look good on the MM Explorer, since you don't live next door to me I'll give you permission to go with the gun metal gray :)

To be honest the Velgen gun metal is different than most of the gun metal gray wheels on the market. I was a little hesitant to go with the gray, I just knew I wanted something different than black.... everyone has black wheels either painted, powder coated or Plastic Dip. People are always commenting on the color (in a good way). Personally I think they would look good on the MM Explorer, since you don't live next door to me I'll give you permission to go with the gun metal gray :)

LOL Thanks!! There is a good chance I will do that.

9QNpyJ.jpg

Touren TR19 wheels. This is my winter setup with 18" (the stock 20s are for the summer). Although they come in all sizes. I like that the lugs are behind a cover.

That is a clean look. More aggressive tread on the winter shoes?

Yep, proper winter tires. I go skiing a lot!

Just got Niche 20's Anzio all black. Being you like grey you can get them wrapped in any color.
20180323_141314.jpg

Finally made a decision. Pretty happy with the look. I picked them up from Tire Rack. Flow One Race Spec F2s 18x8. I wanted more sidewall so I put 255/65 Michelin Premier LTXs on them.
ZAICFydvDZZyw?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

MachFurJmZ8nQ?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

g18_4nkpUbWRw?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

That is slightly over the maximum diameter variance of 3% at 3.4% although I do like the extra sidewall. A 235/65R18 would have been a perfect match.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never checked that. They don't rub anywhere and the change I made with Forscan seems to have worked on the speedo so I'll roll with it for now. If I see problems I'll make a change.

Back