Well that didn't take long! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well that didn't take long!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking at the damage to that POS truck, it appears he was in full brake mode when he rear-ended you, so it was grille to bumper contact. If it was bumper to bumper, than I would for sure get it checked out.

Just glad your not hurt.

About 3 months ago had something similar happen.

5 P.M. Friday traffic came to a quick halt on I-10 by the house.

Had to get hard on the brakes and stopped in time from tapping the F-150 in front of me.

But....

Bang and then another Bang.

Got it from the rear and that pushed me into the guy in front.

The Dodge Caravan that hit me didn't stand a chance hitting a Company F-250 with a Class IV hitch...

Just to help things out, I got a Court subpoena the other day so I guess the last guy thinks he is going to fight the ticket the Trooper gave him.

Just glad your not hurt.

About 3 months ago had something similar happen.

5 P.M. Friday traffic came to a quick halt on I-10 by the house.

Had to get hard on the brakes and stopped in time from tapping the F-150 in front of me.

But....

Bang and then another Bang.

Got it from the rear and that pushed me into the guy in front.

The Dodge Caravan that hit me didn't stand a chance hitting a Company F-250 with a Class IV hitch...

Just to help things out, I got a Court subpoena the other day so I guess the last guy thinks he is going to fight the ticket the Trooper gave him.

I was in the middle of a chain reaction like that once. Hit from the rear, pushed me forward, but I stopped with like a 1/2" to spare before hitting the car in front. The crash was so loud the person in front of me got out of their car to check for damage. She was shocked that I hadn't hit her.

Exact same thing but the last guy shot me forward and my F-250 Front bumper took a ding.

My F-250 Box receiver took the shot.

I'm shocked the last guy didn't pop and air bag...

8 years ago, light rain on asphalt caused me to lock up and slide during a hard stop which caused a three car accident. Dodge took a Trailblazer hitch in the chin. No airbags deployed, hit landed right between the sensors. Damage included the grill, bumper, radiator, radiator support, condenser, and the radiator fan. Fortunately everyone was ok, most of the damage was to the trailblazer when my bumper wrapped around the hitch.

RWABS looks good on paper, but does nothing when you really need it.

IMAG0053.jpg

ALWAYS get a hitch, nothing says protection like a 2" x 1/8" wall tube bolted to your frame along your entire rear bumper.

Built Ford tough!
That S-10 XTREME probably has a 4 banger anyways

Note to self, do Not I repeat do NOT give a 17 year old kid anything with a cowl hood and hood pins, too many "race car" parts for a young driver to go all fast and furious at every stop sign
I was incorrigible and was chirping tires with my dad's full length 95 grand voyager van back in the day. Doesn't matter what you give them, all it takes is that feeling when you bury the needle and they're gone to the gods of speed.

Built Ford tough!
That S-10 XTREME probably has a 4 banger anyways

Note to self, do Not I repeat do NOT give a 17 year old kid anything with a cowl hood and hood pins, too many "race car" parts for a young driver to go all fast and furious at every stop sign

Most correct.

This is what happens when you give a 19 Yr old college student your hard work...

IMG_3367.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

We have a forward facing dash cam. No recording from the rear though.
Hey guys, Im new here in the forum but couldnt help to chime in on this thread. So, a few years ago I splurged and purchased my 2017 Ford Explorer Sport. Trust me when I tell you, I’m very **** and meticulous when it comes to my baby. You could eat off my carpets. So anyways, after about 2 weeks of me taking my baby home from the dealer, my girlfriend(Jenna) had this great idea to take my 3 kids tubing down the Mullica River in Southern NJ where, Jenna, tubed multiple times in previous years. Needless to say, never trust her judgement again....she was a terrible GPS🙄. Picture attached says it all

D156BA1A-6E91-42EC-B823-DBDAA59E8240.jpeg

Hey guys, Im new here in the forum but couldnt help to chime in on this thread. So, a few years ago I splurged and purchased my 2017 Ford Explorer Sport. Trust me when I tell you, I’m very **** and meticulous when it comes to my baby. You could eat off my carpets. So anyways, after about 2 weeks of me taking my baby home from the dealer, my girlfriend(Jenna) had this great idea to take my 3 kids tubing down the Mullica River in Southern NJ where, Jenna, tubed multiple times in previous years. Needless to say, never trust her judgement again....she was a terrible GPS🙄. Picture attached says it all

View attachment 325797

Oh gosh, that must have hurt.

View attachment 325797

Whoops!!

DANG!
Love to see a pic if you can send me one. Mine was actually( sorry @Mr. Alligator, he hates that word) a 71--fat fingers- hand down from my Great Aunt. Just got to be too much car for her. Had maintained it for15 years, only 36,000 miles on it. Every time I did work or washed it for her had to mash the pedal to blow it out and clean the plugs. It was beautiful. I'm an idiot!

LTD new shoes 004.JPG

Welcome to the Forum danmumbower. :wave:

Peter

The Aerostar van in my profile picture, the automatic transmission failed. I spent 3 months making car parts to swap a T5 manual transmission in. I was driving home from work the day I finished the project and someone ran a stop sign. It was right at dusk, I didn't see them until it was too late to do anything. The impact spun the other car 270 degrees in the air knocking over a 9 months pregnant lady and her boyfriend on the sidewalk. I got 10 hours use before it was destroyed, at the time I was upset but I realized had I not been there at that exact time the two on the sidewalk would have been hit with the front of the other car. They were walking across an entrance of an apartment complex. The other driver admitted to not seeing them. I was able to buy the van back for $50. I found an identical van on craigslist, same year and color. The guy was closing his failing business, started a new job. He wanted $1600 for an aerostar with a blown engine. I offered $1000 which was generous for the condition it was in. His wife came out to thank me, holding a newborn child. She said it was enough to pay the mortgage and buy food until he gets paid. I pulled the motor from the wrecked van to replace the blown engine.

IMG_20131013_194639_652.jpg

Back