Recall 20S72 - Loose Motor Mounts

Evandro

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Hello,

When I start the engine I can feel an abnormal vibration. It's happens just in the moment that engine is turning on, 1,2 seconds, like something is no tight..

Anyone having the same problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you KKRISKAL, but this vibration happens only when the engine is turning over. Mine doesn't have any vibration or noise when at idle..

Does it happen everytime you start the vehicle or only when cold? If you can replicate it everytime, it would be easy to show it to the dealer and have then diagnose it.

Does it happen everytime you start the vehicle or only when cold? If you can replicate it everytime, it would be easy to show it to the dealer and have then diagnose it.
It happens everytime. It's why I think is something is not tight.
I tried the dealer when I did the camera recall, but even after I did the demonstration to them, they told me that couldn't replicate. I'll try other dealer when at my first oil change.

The weird part is, and it's why I don't have more trust on them, I leaved the car over there to do a camera recall, FSA - oil cooler transmission and check this vibration, but see attached what they reported. I can see that when I access my Ford Pass. Is that right? The report doesn't match..

Screenshot_20201223-092356.png

It happens everytime. It's why I think is something is not tight.
I tried the dealer when I did the camera recall, but even after I did the demonstration to them, they told me that couldn't replicate. I'll try other dealer when at my first oil change.

The weird part is, and it's why I don't have more trust on them, I leaved the car over there to do a camera recall, FSA - oil cooler transmission and check this vibration, but see attached what they reported. I can see that when I access my Ford Pass. Is that right? The report doesn't match..
The recall just came out in the last few days so your dealer may not have been aware of it before.

Peter

I brought my ST in for vibration in the steering wheel (not shaking). Dealer mechanic test drove it and said he didn't feel anything abnormal. I mentioned the motor mount recall, but mine isn't included in the build date for the recall. I recently drove another vehicle (not an explorer) and it also has vibrations in the steering wheel, so I suppose it could be "normal" and I just notice it more than others. I get the cold start vibration as well, especially if the vehicle sits for a couple days, almost like a jolt from under the vehicle.

Back