Where to install amp?

03ExplorerSPT

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Quincy, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLT Premium
I am getting an amp for my system and I would like to install it under the back seat. Have any of you done this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go for the rear quarter panel. There isn't much room under the seats.

ive got mine under the rear pasenger side seat, it works great there. the seats still fold down perfectly, and if you put the rear vents on the floor and to the second notch...it provides great air circulation.

there are pics of how it fits in the link in my signature

i had amp under there before myself. Had no probelms with it. just make sure people arent going to be stepping on it, and its not going to get crushed. Make sure it doesnt over heat either, i dont know what kind of air flow you have under your seats.

Amps fit pretty good under there, although you almost have to remove the seat to get it mounted:
fdde6c16.jpg

I've done both, I've got an amp in the rear quarter panel and on mounted to the bottom of the rear seat. haven't had any problems with either one.

If your going to mount it under the rear seats, I would take the extra time to mount it to the bottom of the seat, so that you won't have to worry about people stepping on your amp.

20026252954216637381804.jpg
20026252155737806704174.jpg

Thats for the great answers. As for worrying about people stepping on it its not a problem. I usually only have a front seat passenger anyway. Thanks guys!!

A good place to install it is behind the passenger seat but on the back bench not the front seat. but the back bench, that's where I have mine installed. it looks very nice and since the sub box is in front of it, you can't see it

bigtigexplorer,

With the amp mounted upsidedown under the seat, I'm surprised you haven't had a heat dissipation problem. An amp mounted upsidedown is the worst configuration for dissipating heat. Glad to hear it works though!:rolleyes:

I've never had a problem with it, ( knock on wood ), however it would be very easy to flip it around if the need ever arised.

I'm thinking about doing somthing like the picture I attached. Except instead of putting the amps in the middle I'll mount them like the subs.

Attachments

• speakers in windows small.jpg
    speakers in windows small.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 253

Back