P1507: anyone get this code before? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P1507: anyone get this code before?

Try Amazon! I find tons of oem parts cheaper than at the autoparts store

Try Amazon! I find tons of oem parts cheaper than at the autoparts store
Screenshot_20220517-144924_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's the real deal

If the iac was sticky it would require more duty cycle to raise rpms. I'd sure try cleaning it first. You can grab the internal plunger rod with needle nose pliers, working it back and forth while spraying the cleaner inside . Let it dry, 2 bolts, one connector and done
Chances are it will fix the problem long enough for you to forget how you fixed it

Gotta be careful on eBay and Amazon. LOTS of counterfeit parts

and when you get it look closely at the boxes, subtle differences...

That's always wise, I've found ebay loaded with such things, Amazon, not so much, but it does happen to be sure

Good price for today's market but is CX1914 right for a '96 4L OHV? Rock Auto shows CX1846 for that.

I know hitachi made some of the 2nd gen Motorcraft IACs, might be the lower cost option (vs Motorcraft) if any of those are still around. IDK the hitachi part #s.

Good price for today's market but is CX1914 right for a '96 4L OHV? Rock Auto shows CX1846 for that.

I know hitachi made some of the 2nd gen MOtorcraft IACs, might be the lowest cost option if any of those are still around. IDK the hitachi part #s.
You may be right
I just looked on rock auto to find that number
Thought he had a 98 as listed in his profile

I know hitachi made some of the 2nd gen Motorcraft IACs, might be the lowest cost option if any of those are still around. IDK the hitachi part #s.
Search Amazon for that part number then, I took the part number from the thread...

Search Amazon for that part number then, I took the part number from the thread...
Seems several are acceptable. Did a search for 96 explorer idle air , you can see the selection, and the Motorcraft part numbers in the second one

Screenshot_20220522-091118_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220522-091105_Chrome.jpg

^ Hopefully it's right, I don't always trust Amazon's parts matchups. In particular I'd make sure the connector is the same.

^ Hopefully it's right, I don't always trust Amazon's parts matchups. In particular I'd make sure the connector is the same.
Well the good thing with Amazon, using returns are fully covered, especially if the part is wrong, they pay for the shipping back too

Back