Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Thanks for the research! I did find that earlier and I am planning to do that when weather warms up so I can do that in my detached garage. Ah, the life of a renter!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This ...........
2020 FORSCAN Discussion Click link .........
ACM Module configuration -> Engine Sound Enhancement -> Disable

Inked12_LI.jpg

I have a few questions with our 2021 XLT 202A...

Is there a way to change the brightness of the DRL strips?
I was able to increase the brightness of the strips on my 17 and 20 fusion and I'd really like to do the same on the explorer! (I believe it doesn't actually increase the brightness but instead keep them from dimming when the headlights come on)

Is there a way to enable the Navigation prompts to display in the IPC between the gauges?
when i'm using google maps in Android auto I'm able to see my next turn in the right display in my fusion and i'd love to have that functionality in the explorer! (Our's didn't come with factory Nav)

Is there a way to enable a boost gauge like the Edge ST has on its left IPC screen?

Welcome to the Forum Bill.:wave:
I don't believe there is a boost gauge display configured into the IPC. You would have to add a separate gauge and mount it. I think there is software that would allow you to display various such items on your cell.
No idea bout the other concerns.

Peter

a Boost gauge option:
post #283

Welcome to the Forum Bill.:wave:
I don't believe there is a boost gauge display configured into the IPC. You would have to add a separate gauge and mount it. I think there is software that would allow you to display various such items on your cell.
No idea bout the other concerns.

Peter

Thankyou for the welcome.

I'm going to look into that some.

On my fusion, I was able to change BdyCm 726-29-02 0001-0001-005A to 0101-0001-005A to keep the DRL strip at full brightness while the headlight is on... I may try and see if that line is similar in the explorer (I doubt it lol)

Is there a way to change the brightness of the DRL strips?
I was able to increase the brightness of the strips on my 17 and 20 fusion and I'd really like to do the same on the explorer! (I believe it doesn't actually increase the brightness but instead keep them from dimming when the headlights come on)
Yes, there's pre-programmed options in the Easy Config menu to allow for multiple different lighting options. Some of them being that the DRL remains full brightness with headlights and/or foglights on, DRL remains on with turn signal, etc.

Yes, there's pre-programmed options in the Easy Config menu to allow for multiple different lighting options. Some of them being that the DRL remains full brightness with headlights and/or foglights on, DRL remains on with turn signal, etc.
WHAAAAAT!!!
You don't know jlhow happy that makes me! Hahaha

Now I regret leaving my laptop at work!
I know what I'll be doing tomorrow after work.

ACM Module configuration -> Engine Sound Enhancement -> Disable

View attachment 427408
What's the difference between that "Engine Sound Enhancement" and the "Software Engine Sound Enhancement (ESE)" lower down?

Unrelated, does enabling the HD radio there work, or is it missing hardware for that?

I looked through the Easy Config menu in the DRL, headlights & Fogs and none of them worked to change/ keep them brighter...
Could you elaborate on what selections need to be made for it to work?

Much Appreciated!!

I looked through the Easy Config menu in the DRL, headlights & Fogs and none of them worked to change/ keep them brighter...
Could you elaborate on what selections need to be made for it to work?

Much Appreciated!!
The only change you can make is whether you inhibit the white DRL with the turn signal or dim it. There's no determined way to keep the white strip DRL bright at night with headlights on.

Apologies if the question was asked before:
I have a 2022 Timberline and I’ve seen on some YouTube reviews of an ST model (iirc) a set of off-road gauges that were showing on the dashboard the tilt / inclination of the car. Is there a way to enable this on Timberline via Forscan?
Thank you all for the very useful info on this thread!

I have a 2022 Timberline and I’ve seen on some YouTube reviews of an ST model (iirc) a set of off-road gauges that were showing on the dashboard the tilt / inclination of the car. Is there a way to enable this on Timberline via Forscan?
That should be available on your cluster under the select screens in the personalization menu. Shouldn't need Forscan, ir anything else, to get it. It's one of my screens i keep up to shuffle between.

Ok, this was ridiculous. Posting it here in case I’m not the only idiot:
When pressing on the “menu” button, there was no personalization option. All I had were two lines on the screen:
- Oil Life
- Display Setup

I tried everything to get the rest of the options visible EXCEPT going one extra line up or down to see the other page where the rest of the options were.
So, nothing on that display was telling me it was the second page of the menu… thank you!!! Now, 3 months in, I can finally select the rest of the screens

Ok, this was ridiculous. Posting it here in case I’m not the only idiot:
When pressing on the “menu” button, there was no personalization option. All I had were two lines on the screen:
- Oil Life
- Display Setup

I tried everything to get the rest of the options visible EXCEPT going one extra line up or down to see the other page where the rest of the options were.
So, nothing on that display was telling me it was the second page of the menu… thank you!!! Now, 3 months in, I can finally select the rest of the screens
HAHA, absolutely no worries at all! Ford does like to hide some of those options. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to show what gear I'm in, when I'm not in manual mode.

I just did a search f the 2022 Explorer Owner's Manual and the word "inclination" shows up 0 times. "Incline" shows up once when talking about hilly terrain so I'm guessing that what you are looking for doesn't exist on your Explorer.

Peter

I'm guessing you are referring to the Snow and Trail modes that have the steering angle, pitch, and roll? Does the timberline not have the same modes?
Deep Snow/Mud
20210120_152448.jpg

Trail
20210120_152435.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures. I thought I'd seen that before somewhere. This may be specific to the ST as I found "trail" in the manual under AT A GLANCE - ST. I would think that the Timberline trim would have that since it is designed to be more "off-road" than the ST.

Peter

Thanks for posting those pictures. I thought I'd seen that before somewhere. This may be specific to the ST as I found "trail" in the manual under AT A GLANCE - ST. I would think that the Timberline trim would have that since it is designed to be more "off-road" than the ST.

Peter
No problem, I just assumed all of the Explorers with the digital dash would have the same modes. I also remembered this morning you can select the "Offroad Status" for the normal scrollable info as well, like Trip, Tire Pressure, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing you are referring to the Snow and Trail modes that have the steering angle, pitch, and roll? Does the timberline not have the same modes?
Deep Snow/Mud View attachment 430969
Trail
View attachment 430968
This may be due to the fact that the Timberline doesn't have an option for the 12.3" instrument display. That information may not be shown with the 6.5" instrument display that it comes with. If that's the case, that's pretty short-sighted of Ford.

Back