• Register Today It's free!

Tail lights

Dangitall

Reaction score
City, State
Power
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
Neither of my taillights or my license plate lights are working on my 2013 Explorer. It's not the fuse. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to be more specific about what you are calling the "taillights".

Are your referring to the stop/turn lamps or the park/running lamps?

You need to be more specific about what you are calling the "taillights".

Are your referring to the stop/turn lamps or the park/running lamps?
I never heard taillights referred to as park lamps before, but yes. Brake lights, turn lights and backup lights all work. Thanks

I never heard taillights referred to as park lamps before, but yes. Brake lights, turn lights and backup lights all work. Thanks
From your vehicle's owner's manual:
1664418179957.png

Do your FRONT park lamps work or not?

All those lights are part of the lift gate so I'd check the lift gate harness connection. I was able to take my tail lights out pretty easily when I swapped in the LED reverse lights. Water can sometimes get trapped in the lift gate and cause weird issues as well. Let us know what they find

All those lights are part of the lift gate so I'd check the lift gate harness connection. I was able to take my tail lights out pretty easily when I swapped in the LED reverse lights. Water can sometimes get trapped in the lift gate and cause weird issues as well. Let us know what they find
Will do.

Only the license plate lamp is part of the liftgate.

Peter

Back