• Register Today It's free!

Interior Lights not working

Bhattaway

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa,OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Base
So I just bought my 2013 Explorer and it’s a mess. I think I’ve got the non working stereo figured out but I have no interior lights. When I open the door the only lights that come on are the dash lights. The overhead lights up front work when I manually turn them on, same with the middle. My glove box light doesn’t work either. When I push the button to turn the overhead lights on it doesn’t work. My taillights do come in when I open the doors. I’ve checked the #4 fuse and it was fine. Also I don’t even know if it’s equipped with a hood light not that doesn’t turn on when I open the hood. Any help or ideas would be great! I can’t even see where to put my key in without manually turning on a light in the morning because it’s so dark in there!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
None of the 5th or 6th gen Explorers have a hood light. There are 2 fuses for the interior lamps. #4 is for the Demand Lamps which you indicated are working and #12 is for the Courtesy Lamps that come ON when opening the doors. Not all Explorers came with glovebox lights. Have you actually checked to see if there is one?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
None of the 5th or 6th gen Explorers have a hood light. There are 2 fuses for the interior lamps. #4 is for the Demand Lamps which you indicated are working and #12 is for the Courtesy Lamps that come ON when opening the doors. Not all Explorers came with glovebox lights. Have you actually checked to see if there is one?

Peter
Thank you for all that info! Your great! Honestly no I haven’t checked that glove box light. I’ll check the 12 fuse tonight though.When

Back