A/c problems | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/c problems

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s in the low pressure side and yeah I’ve never changed it

Maybe a clogged orfic tube?
Ambient temp ? under hood temp ? Doubt the orfice tube is bad if you get up to 200 on high and 45 to 55 on low. That says to me the tube is functioning.

I got 80 low and 80 high where is the órfice tube
Ambient temp ? under hood temp ? Doubt the orfice tube is bad if you get up to 200 on high and 45 to 55 on low. That says to me the tube is functioning.

It should be in the lower evaporator line just where the metal goes in inside the HVAC housing. There is a connection right there.

Does anyone know what the difference in pin out for the 4.0 ohv to 5l is I think that’s is what’s messed up because I never re pined it does anyone know what wires need to move to where?

Does anyone know what the difference in pin out for the 4.0 ohv to 5l is I think that’s is what’s messed up because I never re pined it does anyone know what wires need to move to where?
BUMP..

well kinda
I know how to do it easily with truck in front of me
Basically the routing to the compressor clutch and ac high pressure switch changes from v6 to v8
the wires on the 5.0 route through the starter / alternatoir charging harness, on the v6 they route differently
You will have to locate the wires and move them around
It is not terribly difficult as we are talking about 4 wires, two to the clutch and two to the high pressure switch

you said you have converted the truck to a 5.0 5 speed and 4wheel drive? How you did the conversion will change how the wiring was done, meaning some people swap in the entire 5.0 dash, all under hood wiring etc and some of us just simply move some wires around

When
well kinda
I know how to do it easily with truck in front of me
Basically the routing to the compressor clutch and ac high pressure switch changes from v6 to v8
the wires on the 5.0 route through the starter / alternatoir charging harness, on the v6 they route differently
You will have to locate the wires and move them around
It is not terribly difficult as we are talking about 4 wires, two to the clutch and two to the high pressure switch

you said you have converted the truck to a 5.0 5 speed and 4wheel drive? How you did the conversion will change how the wiring was done, meaning some people swap in the entire 5.0 dash, all under hood wiring etc and some of us just simply move some wires around
When I did the motor swap I kept the under the dash wiring from the ohv the only harnes that was changed was the engine harness because it came with the 5.0 but all other wiring is the same so where do I re pin it at the fuse box? I have it all plugged in and when I put power to the ac relay it turns on and I have replaced the relay so I think it’s something with the high pressure switch but it’s plugged it

follow the wires from the high pressure switch and the ac clutch, even if you have to cut the wire loom

Did you use the 5.0 alternator and starter harness or did you modify the v6 harness?

look closely at this plug, drivers fender skirt below power box, this is where the ac wiring usually takes place...you may just have to move some pics around
red/yellow is for the high pressure switch the black/ white is the other side, the grey/ black and solid black are for the ac clutch

image11.jpeg

follow the wires from the high pressure switch and the ac clutch, even if you have to cut the wire loom

Did you use the 5.0 alternator and starter harness or did you modify the v6 harness?

look closely at this plug, drivers fender skirt below power box, this is where the ac wiring usually takes place...you may just have to move some pics around
red/yellow is for the high pressure switch the black/ white is the other side, the grey/ black and solid black are for the ac clutch

View attachment 443028
If I remember correctly I used the 5.0 harness I looked at that plug and there colors match up on each end or does that not matter?

I know some trucks a/c runs all the time when the a/c is on could I just wire a toggle switch and turn the compressor on when I use the a/c or would it burn it up

Sounds like a bad idea to me. Especially when wiring it correctly isn’t difficult.

So does anyone know what wires need to be re pined or if I can wire some type of switch

No one knows what you did to your vehicle except you. Sit down with a schematic and trace the wires, and figure out what you screwed up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank for the help guys

Back