99 explorer 4dr I replaced the right rear vent window | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 explorer 4dr I replaced the right rear vent window

lisag35

Reaction score
I replaced the vent window but did a poor job, forced it in and there is a gap at the bottom trim/seal. I want to remove the window and try again but I'm having trouble getting the vent window out. The original vent window was shattered so I didn't have to remove it. I took out the bolt that holds the window channel. On my 99 the rear window goes part way down. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Obviously I'm not a mechanic..

16897362747328938061460588687180.jpg

What did you use if anything to seal the window as you installed it? Sorry that I'm not much help I've only read about this never had to do it, myself.

I didn't use any type of seal. I have a tube of silicone but didn't use it as I was having such difficulty installing the vent window and I didn't want to complicate things. I tried for about an hour to remove the vent window - so that I could try to get the seal back where it's supposed to be. I was worried about breaking the new vent window. So far I haven't had any luck trying to remove and reinstall it. There's probably a trick to it as I got this window from ebay and someone removed it from it's previous home.

Maybe these threads might help…

Back