Need help with 2000 Explorer Harness connector ID | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with 2000 Explorer Harness connector ID

JoshT

Reaction score
City, State
Middle Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ranger
2000 Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD with auto climate controls and information center. I'm using this for an engine donor into 99 Ranger. For this swap I'm going to need to use the explorer's start/charge harness, but modify the HVAC wiring in it. I think I know what I need to do, thanks to lots of help from 410 and others, as well as having Ford wiring diagram manuals for both. One connector on this harness has me stumped though.

There is a connector in In the engine bay, next to the left fender, and right above the ABS pump. It appears that it ties into the start charge harness and the main engine bay harness that runs along the fender. The connector appears to be the same style as the C125 connector I need to modify, but I've identified that one below the ABS pump. The WDM does not appear to show a connector where this is at, but it is a factory connector.

IMG_20240130_183112682.jpg

I have a spare start/charge harness from a 98 that I'm going to use to modify, but it didn't appear to have the connector in trying to ID.

Part of my curiosity is just knowing what runs through it. A bigger part is that I might need a second C125 male side connector for my harness modifications. Trying to determine if I could use this one without disabling the Explorer. The Explorer is ultimately scrap after the swap, but need to keep it mobile until then. I have a spare start/charge harness to modify, just need that second male connector to do the mod how I want.

Edit: uploaded wrong picture

Crisis averted! No longer need to scavenge that connector. Stopped by a new pick-n-pull in town today and was able to get the exact connector I needed, with bits of harness, off of a Ranger. With this I'll be able to make a jumper/adapter harness to go between the Ranger female body harness connector (C184) and the Explorer female start/charge harness connector (C125), as well as break off the AC high pressure switch wiring to run up to the core support for the Explorer switch location.

IMG_20240212_221309173.jpg

Also managed to find an intake plate that I can clean up and paint. Part of getting ready for my swap is cleaning up a spare intake, but that plate went missing somewhere over the years.

IMG_20240212_212906175.jpg

I've since scrubbed it down which helped a lot, but still stained and discolored with age. Will hopefully have air compressor wired up tomorrow and see what soda blasting does. If that doesn't help, out comes the engine paint. Really hoping the soda works, I like the shiny brushed look, but not putting a lot of time into recreating it right now. I'm pretty certain that they originally painted the whole thing then milled the top.

The sandblasting will work wonders on that plate. I simply paint them and then paint the inset carefully by hand

My daughter in law made
A Bunch of custom ones like a Colorado
Flag and a Darth Vader one for my friend who we Built Darth ranger for. I believe you can buy custom ones online these days too

The sandblasting will work wonders on that plate. I simply paint them and then paint the inset carefully by hand

My daughter in law made
A Bunch of custom ones like a Colorado
Flag and a Darth Vader one for my friend who we Built Darth ranger for. I believe you can buy custom ones online these days too

Just a good scrubbing has done a lot, but I didn't get a picture of it after.

I've seen the custom ones. IIRC there was a factory version that said "EXPLORER V8", so if I went custom it would probably be a Ranger version of that. I want a stockish appearance, so this one should do good with a little more cleaning and paint.

Also I finally found my connector in the WDM. The drawing doesn't have it in quite the right spot. It is the C140 "ABS evac and refill connector." Accordi g to diagrams it does not connect to the other harness where I thought. My eyes must have been playing tricks in me. I was just visually tracing wires at the time, that space is too tight to get my hands in without removing stuff.

Back