Show off your custom boxes!!!!!!!

hydroxy

I like to fiddle...
Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited v6
Alright ladies... I've been getting the itch to make myself a custom box after watching typhoon's worklog. I have an idea pretty much set, however I want to see what everyone else has.

Keep chatter to a minimum (private messages are here for a reason). Post PICTURES!!!!!

Here is my current setup...

3 MTX 6000s w/ 760watt Pioneer amp (amp hidden behind quarter panel)

10058clean.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what about useable cargo space now?

I can take them out in about 5 seconds... or push them all the way back against the seats. but... they are still in the way, which is why I want to build another box(es) so I have more room

i can also take them out in about 5 seconds, move them around to fit more. one idea i did have was adding to the box so the subs face downwards and sit about 2" from the floor of the cargo area.. this would make them much "louder" and protect them, plus then you can put stuff on top of the box if you need to..
339648_2_full.jpg

Heres mine with 2-12in eclipse aluminums...

my carpet sucks

Attachments

• subs-94 limited.jpg
    subs-94 limited.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 977

here- ths will eventually have a 23" LCD on the back of it and be covered in fiberglass. that gap in the middle is to carry skis and will be filled for the summer with a removable piece so i can use it for skis when i need to.

Attachments

• subboxfront1.jpg
    subboxfront1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 931

and

Attachments

• subfan3.jpg
    subfan3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 983

That looks sweet man! What kind of subs are those?

Originally posted by expo5.0
that gap in the middle is to carry skis and will be filled for the summer with a removable piece so i can use it for skis when i need to.
You could something pretty nifty like buy some ski racks and actually mount them there. The not even worry about covering that section up in the summer.
I think if u did this right, u could win style points for "usability". U can really show that even though you show your truck and have a flashy system setup, at the same time you USE the truck for an intended purpose. I would dig that! Plus your skis wouldnt slide around the corners if they were secured into a rack :)

that woudl be great, except i have to carry between 2 and 8 pairs at a time depending on what sort of a race i'm going to or training.

mmm.. Stroker...

Nice setup man.

My "Hey, it's cold out so this is halfassed" setup:

kicker.jpg

Anabolic - where the hell do you get those maglite brackets? I've been looking for a set for ages now.

Originally posted by CQ7String
Anabolic - where the hell do you get those maglite brackets? I've been looking for a set for ages now.

Picked em up a store called GIJoes --> www.gijoes.com
they are all over the place here in oregon.. dont know bout the east coast tho.
You can order them off of maglites website, i think ive seen them at Target or Kmart or maybe Walmart..
U should be able to find a place that sells them online.. But the question is. do ya wanna pay 3$ shipping on a 4$ part!

my old explorers setup:
258276_21.jpg

my girlfriends setup although not an explorer:
467071_13.jpg

202432_6_full.jpg

add another pg amp on the other side of the cap and that's what it looks like now

here is my setup, though, the box is not custom, it is manufactured by a company called Subzone. It is 2inch thick MDF and weighs 45lbs unloaded :eek:

Attachments

• 800x60012w7-1.jpg
    800x60012w7-1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 633

:-( That W7 is only getting 500 watts. Why pay soo much for a quality sub and then underpower the crap out of it.??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by AnabolicFrolic
:-( That W7 is only getting 500 watts. Why pay soo much for a quality sub and then underpower the crap out of it.??

I was thinking the exact same thing before i got it. I was seriously contimplating a bigger amp, but the audio shop i work with is really cool and they said if i didn't like the 500/1 i could exchange it within 30 days and get a full money back for something else. So i had nothing to loose by trying. I'm was totally surprised how good it sounds. It hits so freakin hard i can't imagine what it would sound like with a bigger amp, but i think it would be too much for me so i'm happy with the 500/1. I also believe the JL amps are really underrated. I've had several 500watt amps in the past and i don't think any of them could push a sub like this one. I know everyone thinks this sub needs a million watts to make them sound good but it's just not true.

Back