• Register Today It's free!

Order up!

Oversquare

Reaction score
City, State
Wine Country
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 5.0 AWD
I finally ordered a few parts for my daily driver Here are the parts, prices (not including tax or shipping) and the sources.

Flowmaster cat-back exhaust - $235.69 @ Summit Racing
1 1/8" EE rear sway bar - $179.95 @ Explorer Express
ReCal Pro shift kit + bypass clutch control valve - $119 + $29 @ Baumann Engineering
Deep Transmission pan + threaded temp bung - $155 + $15 @ PML Yourcovers.com

Other items I plan on ordering next month

MAC intake (currently backordered from EE for a month)
Polyurathane Swaybar endlinks (anyone know where I can get these?)
Brake rotors (Powerslot slotted, or crossdrilled)
Brake pads (performance friction or cobalt friction)

I'll be sure to post feedback as I install the products. I'll review the problems i encounter as I install them, as well as long-term reviews.

Also - Explorer Express is moving from Richmond CA, to Napa CA. They're dropping the "Z-Doctor" and focusing on the Explorer. I'm excited, since I already live in Napa.

-Brad

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oooohhh need some pics when it's all on!

Very nice.. why did you order the EE rear sway bar? Do you have the front? The front makes a much bigger difference.

I'll try to take pics during the installation and finished pics.

The newer X's ('98+) already have the 'big' front sway, but don't have an equally big rear. EE recommends only installing the rear on the newer 2nd gen X's.

Hopefully this thread will come up during searches to answer questions that others may have regarding the products I'm installing.

-Brad

What was the part number of the Exhaust that you ordered? I looked on the Summit site for the exhaust and could not find it.

Thanks,
S.

There was a site that I have saved on my other computer for the swaybar end links. It's a set of the bushings for the front swaybar and includes the endlinks as well for about $35. I'll post the link a little bit later when I get back to my place.

EBInterceptor said:
There was a site that I have saved on my other computer for the swaybar end links. It's a set of the bushings for the front swaybar and includes the endlinks as well for about $35. I'll post the link a little bit later when I get back to my place.

Yes, please do.

Energy suspension sells a complete kit for the front sway bar. New endlinks, and all new bushings for it including where it mounts to the frame.

Let us know about the Cat-back. I need to find a decent one for mine too.

I've got connections to get a new MAC intake ;)

BTW- What color is your truck? We might become twins ;)

The front sway bar is not needed on '98 and newer. They're solid, just the like EE front. The EE front is just a normal sized one, only solid. So he only needs the rear.

Yikes,
information overload

But I'm more concerned with the flexy rear endlinks. Anyone know if Energy Suspension makes links for us?

They might, but unless you have the specs of the bushings you need, they don't really sell them for specific vehicles. You'll have to measure your bushings and figure out what you need and order them based on that. I'm definately going to get a set of the fronts. I was thinking that with the EE rear sway bar kit, they included the bushings as well.

The EE rear bar does NOT include new endlinks. Neither does the front kit.

The Explorer rear endlinks are a very unique design, and can't use a "universal" setup.

Just a little FYI...

-Brad

Back