where do I get Injector grommets???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where do I get Injector grommets????

tawd77

Reaction score
City, State
kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 97 explorer 4.0 SOHC - I need to replace the grommets in the heads where the injectors go in. The parts store just had the injector O-rings, but not the grommets. Anyone have a part number, or know where I can get these? Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BrooklynBay said:
I've read a few threads about people finding cracked, or missing rubber ends on fuel injectors. In another thread, one person said that they are only used to suppress injector noise. Here is the thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154213

Thanks for the link, but I think that I want to have them in there. I would sure be pissed if i had to take it all back apart because i took a shortcut. Anyone else have a part number? Thanks

Wow, I really think we need to separate the OHC and SOHC boards!

The 4.0L SOHC has a "Fuel Injector Inlet Adapter" that is pushed on to the bottom of the injector to cut down on noise and lower the heat the injector gets from being installed in an aluminum head.

It is a "Ford Only" part and they go for ~$4, I've started stocking them for the SOHC injectors.

Ford P/N: F77Z-9G512-AA, the MSRP is $4.72 each, so don't let them jerk you around :D

The injectors will not fit/work without them.

Wow, I really think we need to separate the OHC and SOHC boards!

The 4.0L SOHC has a "Fuel Injector Inlet Adapter" that is pushed on to the bottom of the injector to cut down on noise and lower the heat the injector gets from being installed in an aluminum head.

It is a "Ford Only" part and they go for ~$4, I've started stocking them for the SOHC injectors.

Ford P/N: F77Z-9G512-AA, the MSRP is $4.72 each, so don't let them jerk you around :D

The injectors will not fit/work without them.

I know this is quite an old post, but what are the chances of you still having a set of these

I know this is quite an old post, but what are the chances of you still having a set of these

I just went through this fire drill a few months ago. One of my injectors died, and while taking the injectors out, these adaptors cracked and fell apart and no parts store had these in stock. I called every Ford dealer. Luckily there was one who had 6 left, and I took all 6 , even though I only replaced the passengers side injectors that day. Looks to me like Ford used an existing intake manifold that the holes were to big, so instead of re-designing a new one, they just simply put these adapters in to make the hole smaller.

They look more like grommets. I don't think Rock Auto even has them.
I would call Ford dealerships around you, even out of state. If they have them, they will usually ship to you.

Ford%2Badaptor%2B1.jpg

Ford%2Badapter%2B2.jpg

Im in Australia mate, noone seems to have them here, only available genuine. Nothing available here aftermarket even though mazda used them up until 2011

Im in Australia mate, noone seems to have them here, only available genuine. Nothing available here aftermarket even though mazda used them up until 2011

Google that part number. Several online stores has them, including ebay.

I think the part no. for the OHV would be 9U550 (1L5Z-9U550-AA). It seems to be discontinued, but I found couple of them online. Can anyone confirm this is right?

Back