• Register Today It's free!

Somebody please answer this

helpmeoprah

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer EB
On a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer how in the world do you get the wood grain trim around the radio and heater/air off? I keep pulling and pulling and it looks like I'm about to snap it in two. I need to get my factory stereo out so I am looking for the bolts to do it (Well for my husband to do it). Anybody have any step by step answers they wanna share? Thanks in advance!!! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi there...

If you do a search of Radio Bezel Removal, you should find a couple good links there.

However, if you have one of the stereos with the four holes on the side, you will need a set of hook tools instead. Does your stereo look like this one?

i have an 02 XLT, and to get mine off i just pried at it carefully and it popped off.

There are clips there...

i have an 02 XLT, and to get mine off i just pried at it carefully and it popped off.

The links say there are six clips. Are the clips easy to pry open?

its not extremly hars to get it off, just get a screwdriver behind it and carefully pry, if you do it to hard you will put a mark in the plastic, i have taken mine off a few times and havent had any problems

How'd we do?

On a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer how in the world do you get the wood grain trim around the radio and heater/air off? I keep pulling and pulling and it looks like I'm about to snap it in two. I need to get my factory stereo out so I am looking for the bolts to do it (Well for my husband to do it). Anybody have any step by step answers they wanna share? Thanks in advance!!! :)

Either work for you? :feedback: thanks!

Thanks you guys it worked!!! I scratched the bottom of my wood grain a little but not noticable! AND...to my earlier post about my CD's being stuck. When we finally got the radio out and unplugged. We plugged the harness back in and the CD player started initializing the cd's that were stuck. Now it works like new. So I will know next time if this happens again...just go buy a new one!!!lol THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Back