Will 99-01 bumper fit 97? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 99-01 bumper fit 97?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes'm.

yes:)

yes

i was thinking of changing mine too, i have a '98. but all the ones i seen are bumper covers, is that all it is? if so how does it mount up?

I added up the numbersto see about buying a new front bumper off ebay, It totaled $327, for $327 you get the bumper with the chrome area around the fog lights and a new set of foglights. But then you need the reinforcement which was about $120. www.ezbodyparts.com

well if your near PA Ill trade you my 98+ style for your 95-97 style. straight up. I want the older style. More ground clearence, make me look bigger haha!

I have the plastic bumper cover with fog lights and I want to swap it for the 2 peace steel bumper. I went to two junk yards yesterday, came across 4 2nd gens and all of them had the steel bumper but they were destroyed!! :eek:

I'm also think of do the same thing, changing my front bumper. Does anyone have pictures of it done, also like to know what parts are need to convert.

The entire bumper will swap, they bolt to the frame which is identical. The steel bumpers don't have anything between them and the frame except a bracket. The plastic bumpers have a internal structure that bolts to the frame, and isn't sold with the cover on eBay etc. Thus you need to find a good used bumper for the whole thing.

The only way I figured its worth it is- If you can find one at a salvage yard. Ford and every place sells the bumper, the chrome side caps around the foglights, the foglights, foglight brackets, reinforcement all seperate. You can get all of that at a salvage yard for under $100. Online your looking about $400+. But I also think the 98+ front bumpers look much better. I never did this to my truck since I got rid of it.

In 1998 both bumpers were used, and the Limited bumper was plastic since 1993. Thus there is a 95-98 bumper for the Limited that requires an internal structure like the 98-01 normal plastic bumper covers.

I read on another thread that it will swap easily. So did I get wrong info and the reinforcement will need to be swapped as well for the 99 bumper with round fogs to work?

Back