• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport 3"-4" lift ????

01slvrsprt

Reaction score
City, State
South Burbs of Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Hey everyone, Ill start by saying that I did a search to answer my ? but the newest thread I found was over a year old. I know they dont make a body lift kit for my explorer, but I see that alot of people have it lifted. I see alot of talk about TT shackles and other things. Im new to the off road adventure, ive always just built dragsters, so I dont know that much about lifting a truck. I want to lift my sport about 3"-4" with a body lift, I only want the visual appearance so I dont want to put the money into a suspension lift. Im hoping to put 33's underneath and then a few other thing but the lift is were I need the guideance from the veterans. Who wants to throw me a line and offer some help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe you can get a 3" BL for a ranger. There is really nothing special to a BL besides the bumper brackets to keep it at the body level. IS your sport 2wd or 4wd???

my explorer is a 4x4. are you saying that a BL just raises the bumper anddoes nothing to raise the truck?

welcome aboard, A body lift will raise the whole truck, it can just be an issue to see how to get the bumpers up as well. Some modification is required on the brackets that come with the kits people use.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1883305&postcount=96

there is a nice looking explorer that just got a 3" body lift. You can do the body lift for a max of 3", you can crank up your torsion bars a little and then add a shackle to the rear.

Another option some guys do is cut down a body lift so it slopes from 3" in the front down to level in the rear, then do an SOA or spring over axle as we call it here, by putting the rear axle under the leaf spring pack, crank up the torsion bars 1-2" and sit at about 5" of lift.

DANNYBOY

"there is a nice looking explorer that just got a 3" body lift. "

thanx for th einfo and the photo, those acctually are the rims that i am going to buy for my sport, I got a view on how they will look, thanx.

I just did a body lift on my 01 sport and used the 01 sport trac body lift. Everything fit perfect just had 2 blocks and a few bolts left over due to the fact that the sport trac has a bed. Bumper brackets worked great because sport tracs have the same bumpers. Alot easier than the ranger BL.

I used the same (01 sport trac BL) and everything went pretty smoothly.

I just did a body lift on my 01 sport and used the 01 sport trac body lift. Everything fit perfect just had 2 blocks and a few bolts left over due to the fact that the sport trac has a bed. Bumper brackets worked great because sport tracs have the same bumpers. Alot easier than the ranger BL.
Thanx that helps alot, I asked a supplier that and they said It wouldnt fit. Id rather use that then one made for another truck. Thanx again

Now Ive just got one more ? Ive figured out that "TT" stands for the torsion twist, sounds like some dance you do at a wedding. The one thing Im still not sure about are the shackles?, Are they the brackets used to attach the rear of the leaf springs to the frame? If not what are they? And what brand and model would you recommend?

...Are they the brackets used to attach the rear of the leaf springs to the frame? If not what are they? And what brand and model would you recommend?

You are correct. They are the brackets on the rear of the spring, and they swing when the springs are flexed.

Most people recommend the Warrior shackles (WAR153) because they are strong and well built. You can make your own shackles if you want. Do a search on this site for the plans and specs.

You are correct. They are the brackets on the rear of the spring, and they swing when the springs are flexed.

Most people recommend the Warrior shackles (WAR153) because they are strong and well built. You can make your own shackles if you want. Do a search on this site for the plans and specs.
thanx for the info. Im new at lifting so all the info you guys are giving is awsome. Until now all ive done is drag race so this forum and its members are a god send in my eyes!

what brand did you use?

hey that link is my truck :) i love it with the body lift, it so great now! only problem is the rear bumper i haven't moved yet, the front tires rub on the front well a bit, but i haven't done a torsion twists yet (the bolts are sitting in PBlaster right now..hehe). i think that might take care of it.

i bought the one for the sport trac too. there were a few problems, but nothing too crazy. three guys from the forum put it on, they are awesome! i couldn't even help, my shoulder was in a sling from surgery haha

sorry not to threadjack... muddinexplorer, did you use the rear bumper brackets that came with the sport trac lift, maybe just drill new holes to match the ones on the sport? i just got my hitch taken off a couple of days ago to sand and paint, now i can see the bumper stuff to figure out how to do it.

sorry not to threadjack... muddinexplorer, did you use the rear bumper brackets that came with the sport trac lift, maybe just drill new holes to match the ones on the sport? i just got my hitch taken off a couple of days ago to sand and paint, now i can see the bumper stuff to figure out how to do it.

I used the brackets that came with the kit didnt have to drill new holes. Im cut off part of the front bumper (plastic gray part) today and mounted up my 35s. TT with shackels and a BL fit them no problem.

daaaayyumm that's sweet... post up some pics of it on 35s, would love to see that!!!

daaaayyumm that's sweet... post up some pics of it on 35s, would love to see that!!!

Ill take some tomorrow I have some fine tuning to do. I couldnt finish it all cuz it started rainin. My brake lights are at my chest and Im 6'0. Only rubbed when turning but im solvin that problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey that link is my truck :) i love it with the body lift, it so great now! only problem is the rear bumper i haven't moved yet, the front tires rub on the front well a bit, but i haven't done a torsion twists yet (the bolts are sitting in PBlaster right now..hehe). i think that might take care of it.

i bought the one for the sport trac too. there were a few problems, but nothing too crazy. three guys from the forum put it on, they are awesome! i couldn't even help, my shoulder was in a sling from surgery haha
I like the way those rims look on your truck. I liked that link b/c those are the rims that I was looking at putting on mine. After seeing your pic I went and put the order in. Im putting 33's thats are 12.5 wide. Nice lookin truck!

Back