Converting a 2 wheel drive from a four wheel drive | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Converting a 2 wheel drive from a four wheel drive

Has anybody converted a two wheel drive from a four wheel drive? It has just got my curiousity going about this swap.

Thanks for your input on this matter!

Terry M

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to clarify this (having a brain fart) you want to take a 4 wheel drive and make it a 2 wheel drive? Or the other way around? If you want to make a 4 wheel drive into a 2 wheel drive why not just swap trucks with me??? Or we can park them next to each other and swap all the parts... J/K.

I'm curious about this too. I have a 2wd, and would love to know if it can be converted to a 4wd. Anyone know??

-Billy

It has been done on an early model navajo I think, do a search and you should find the post.

GTExplorerMan

It would be MUCH cheaper and easier for you to just trade in for a 4wd model.

Unless you were going to go all out with the solid axle, Atlas and whatever other custom stuff you might want. There is little point in trading for/buying a 4wd explorer just to rip all the 4wd stuff off and put your own on. On the other hand if you didnt have any mod plans and just wanted a 4wd explorer then you are better of trading or buying.

Kris Guilbeax? Did this he had a 2wd Navajo and converted it to 4wd. Do a search...

trck,

When you gonna convert man? yours would be AWESOME when it had 4x4. I think yours is the first lifted explorer I saw in my whole lift on this web pag.e

Back