Swapping a 98 disc axle into a 94, can I keep ABS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Swapping a 98 disc axle into a 94, can I keep ABS

I picked up a 94 disc brake with 4.10 open diff from a 98 sport to install into my 94 Limited. I currently have functional ABS, I want to keep this feature, what will it take, If I cannot keep ABS then I would barely call this an upgrade and would be tempted to sell this axle and install 4.56 into my current axle, but lets see the response to this first.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Dannyboy
I picked up a 94 disc brake with 4.10 open diff from a 98 sport to install into my 94 Limited. I currently have functional ABS, I want to keep this feature, what will it take, If I cannot keep ABS then I would barely call this an upgrade and would be tempted to sell this axle and install 4.56 into my current axle, but lets see the response to this first.

Who told you that you can't keep the ABS?

All you need to do is plug the connector back in after you install the new rearend.

Paul you rock. I was told there may be different control modules in the dash or different pressure to the discs. DO I have to change my master cylinder, or anything or just bolt up as go?

geez im a retard.....I just looked at the hyperlink that I posted and realized that it was paul.......dduuuuuuuuhhh

Paul ... I love the part........"now time for a coke and popcorn twists" what exactally are popcorn twists?

Ryan

DO I have to change my master cylinder, or anything or just bolt up as go?
ANYONE? It is about that time and I need to know about the master cylinder

No, you don't need a new master cylinder.

You may have to adjust the push rod in there. (take off the master cylinder, adjust the nut on the end of the rod, put back, test drive..)

Gracias Tom, BTW, got the shafts and links, already installed the links. Kinda funny they are for a 5.5" or 6" lift, yet the link is only like 2" longer than the stocker.

Gracias Tom, BTW, got the shafts and links, already installed the links. Kinda funny they are for a 5.5" or 6" lift, yet the link is only like 2" longer than the stocker.

yup. The superlift relocation blocks for the swaybar are about that too.

That 2" makes a world of difference.

OK I think it's going down Saturday.
I got the rotors turned, new calipers, reusing the old E-brake shoes cause ford wants $95 for new ones and they are just e brake, I am most worried now about how the hose connects to the line. The old owner just clipped it off about 2 inches up from the distro block right by the drivers side caliper, it also looks as if the hose and block do not seperate, anyone understand and have a suggestion, or even know what you get when you buy a driver's side hose?? DO you get the block
Thank again
Dan

Popcorn twists!

Popcorn twists are... popcorn twists. :D They are only available in Canada. They are made by Old Dutch. I love them, they just melt in your mouth and they are so salty. :) Here is the best description I can find. It is from a message board where someone was trying to find out what they were called. I can't seem to find a picture.

I'm looking for the name of a snack product made in Canada with the Old Dutch label. It is a puffed corn product, kind of twisty, whitish in color, maybe 1 inch long? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Please help! Many thanks. My dad has offered to bring me anything back from his BC vacation and this is what I remember from my childhood that I would enjoy the most.

Back