• Register Today It's free!

Sync and iOS 6

nitzer51

Reaction score
City, State
seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
great news... i am running the iOS 6 beta on my iPhone 4 and email/text notifications sound thru the speakers while using sirius radio.

Also, sync now reads my facebook alerts that pop up on my phone as well as text messages!

this is amazing!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

great news... i am running the iOS 6 beta on my iPhone 4 and email/text notifications sound thru the speakers while using sirius radio.

Also, sync now reads my facebook alerts that pop up on my phone as well as text messages!

this is amazing!!

Sweet! Thanks for posting that! How do I become a beta tester? I would love to do so!

His location = Seattle. Must be one of the 20% in the software business out there ;)

It will be up on a few sites for download very shortly I bet

I signed up for apple developer but had an error trying to activate...

Sounds exciting!! Let's hope the new MFT update in the fall doesn't conflict with it! lol

I am also lobbying with Ford to pilot the new MFT program through the dealership I work at....

What settings did you change on your MFT touch because Im running iOS6 beta on my iPhone4 and I'm not getting that functionality.

Is yours a 4s?

I notice theres lots of stuff that iOS6 doesn't run on the iPhone 4 vs the 4s

Sgt,

I took the OP with a HUGE grain of salt. There is something fishy about it -- just my gut instinct. In any case, the functionality you're talking about is more feature based than API related. In order for text messages to go through and be read, Apple would have to open the text-message-over-bluetooth API to developers. If this were the case, I believe (and I may be wrong) that it would work on all devices compatible with iOS6.

There's something that's not jiving with me about the OP. In any case, here's which features work with what in iOS6: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/12/psa-which-ios-6-features-can-my-device-run/

Baxterdown, based on PMs I have had with the OP, I truly believe this is true. I will let you know as soon as I download the iOS6 Beta to my iphone 4. I do not have the 4S, but from what I understand it does not matter for that functionality.

baxter, i have better things to do than spew random lies on an internet forum... lol

i have a developer ID on my iPhone 4 running iOS 6. So it is not jailbroken.

sgt, did you jail break yours or are you running a true beta. It also may depend on what carrier you have/specific phone model number/which version of beta you are running. It's a beta so certain features may be enabled for specific model numbers/carriers. in addition, as we all know since it is beta these features may not make it to the next version of beta/final product.

you guys don't have to believe me, but i'm rollin down the road with MFT reading my facebook notifications and text messages to me... soooo don't be hatin because yours doesn't!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitzer51/7395069684/

ill try and record some video to show you guys how it is working.

I just looked and I see you and I are running the same beta version iOS6

6.0 (10A5316k)

My iphone model is different then your iPhone4

Also mine is on a Canadian Carrier and in Canuckastan most everything is disallowed.

I have a US iPhone as well so will try that after I load it with iOS6

Sgt,

I took the OP with a HUGE grain of salt. There is something fishy about it -- just my gut instinct. In any case, the functionality you're talking about is more feature based than API related. In order for text messages to go through and be read, Apple would have to open the text-message-over-bluetooth API to developers. If this were the case, I believe (and I may be wrong) that it would work on all devices compatible with iOS6.

There's something that's not jiving with me about the OP. In any case, here's which features work with what in iOS6: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/12/psa-which-ios-6-features-can-my-device-run/

E-mail and text notifications will work with MFT in iOS6. Apple added Bluetooth MAP support in iOS6.

ios6.jpg

Ok then it must be a setting that I have not turned on, I will go through everything.

Man the 3D maps are so kool its too bad the 4 doesn't support 3D maps, just have to get a iPhone5 in September.

The phone call reminders feature that allows you to set a Geofence around where you are and reminds you to call someone back as soon as you breach the Geofence is very, very kool.

nitzer51, my most sincere apologies to you. I stand corrected :)

Does iOS6 support full phone book access and caller ID, more specifically photos?

VinceL,

I heard it does. I will let you know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool, thanks RonJr :)

Back