XLT / Sport Appearance Package

invertedzero

Reaction score
City, State
toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 f150
Hi everyone just another newbie

Recently ordered an xlt explorer does anybody have pictures of an explorer with the xlt appearance pkg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's mine taken 2 weeks ago when we were taking delivery of it:

MjT8iY4.jpg

Go3Team, did it come with HID headlamps? The video I supplied the link to in an above post mentioned it had HID but I questioned that.

Peter

Looking at the video the headlamp assembly is blacked out could be hid

I've got to believe that comment on the video about HID is an error of ignorance. HID is NOT standard on the appearance package - those are halogen bulb projector housings - nothing more. All of the complaints you read about on this forum about the headlamps being weak - are coming from people who have these headlights. The difference between halogen bulb projectors and real HID bulbs in projector housings is noticeable.

My gripe with Ford is that I can't GET the HID headlamps on lower trim lines.

Go3Team, did it come with HID headlamps? The video I supplied the link to in an above post mentioned it had HID but I questioned that.

Peter

I don't think they are HID. There is no "warm up" to them. It's a pretty bad lighting set up.

I didn't think the HID were part of the package. Thanks for confirming that. By the way, the ORM HID do not require any 'warm up'.

Peter

Hello, I drive a red 2015 xlt appearance pkg and love it. it doesnt not have the HID just halogen light bulbs. im to the forums but will try and add some pictures.

Welcome to the Forum groach17 :wavey:.
If you find that you have too much info to add to your profile, you can create a 'signature' and add information there as well, such as colour and 'appearance package'. Then your profile in the margin could be '2015 XLT'
Merry Christmas.

Peter

When I purchased my 2015 XLT on Black Friday, the salesmen I was working with had only been selling cars for 3 weeks. As you can imagine, the dealer was also busy as hell on Black Friday and we had to wait 30 minutes just to talk with a salesmen. I told him that I wanted a black XLT and they had one left on the lot so I test drove it and then when we got back from the test drive, I parked it in the same spot. The salesmen started showing us the truck and he pressed the button on the remote to show us the power lift gate. This was a bad idea as there was a light pole directly behind the truck. The lift gate ended up hitting the pole and getting a nick in the paint. I then said I don't want this truck anymore. Since I knew it was the last black XLT, I noticed a dark grey Limited on the lot so I told him I think I liked that color even more and asked if they had an XLT in that color. He didn't think so but checked anyway. He came driving around in one and said it had just came in 1 hour ago. I noticed it had the 20" wheels and also said "Explorer" across the hood. I asked him how much and he said it was the same price as the Black one. I said I'll take it!!! Not only did this XLT have the appearance package but it also had the Navigation. It had every option you could get on the XLT. Keep in mind, the initial black XLT had none of these extras yet he said it was the same price. I signed the paper work and took it home that night. The next day when I brought the spare keys up for the vehicle I traded in, the manager approached my wife and I explained that the salesmen was new and didn't take the upgraded packages into account when working up the final cost. I stopped him before he could even finish and said......"Too late now!!!!" The manager then said....."I guess that's it" and then walked away. What did he think I was going to say? Did he think I was going to tell him I'd be more than happy to dish out another few thousand dollars?

Anyway, I think the OEM 20" wheels look great ( especially since the color on the wheels match the dark grey body color) and the upholstery for the seats is top notch. I love the leather seats with the white stitching and suede in the middle. Some of the best looking seats I've seen. The appearance package was worth every penny =)

Here are a few pictures of my XLT with Appearance Package.

29xcktf.jpg

2ypc8kg.jpg

1e7sw5.jpg

Very, very nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Looks great now the excitement for mine just went to another level hehehe

Here's another 2015 XLT w/appearance.

I wish I would have ordered it in Silver instead of Platinum, I think Silver would actually look best. Since it's a Company Car I'm stuck with this for the next 2 years.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats a beautiful platinum

Thanks...it's hard to see, but I added graphite pinstripes to it and it made a big difference (IMO). Well worth the $25 and 30 minutes of time.

Next I need to do something about the blue oval FORD emblems...

Back