• Register Today It's free!

Who's the best? :)

SeanM

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT 4.0L OHV 4WD 4dr
Ok...I want to know very simply.....Who's Explorer is the fastest? I want 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times and 60-0 times(if possible, because if you can't stop you're dead)....I would also like to hear estimated(or dyno-proven, if possible) HP numbers and torque. I just basically want to see who's Explorer is the quickest. I also realized that no one else has really done this, so I wanted to be sort of original. Let's see how many replies this one gets. Even if you don't think your Explorer comes close to being fast, I still want to know your times and HP(if ya know it). I want to kinda see where I fall among everyone else and I want to see, truly, simply, descisively, by numbers only, who is the fastest.....

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires
PIAA 9007 Super-White Headlights(adds 40 hp :) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my Explorer is clearly the fastest! For example, the other day... me and this old pinto were sitting next to each other at a stop light... he's revvin his engine... I'm game... we look at each with a snarl in our eyes like we're ready to prove what our vehicles have got! I see the light change in the opposite lane from green to red... we're just about ready to race. Green, boom, we're off... I approached 45 mph after about 15 seconds and he was about 1/2 mile away... LOL. So in other words, mien wouldn't be the winner :).

Ok...After writing all that, I realized that not only have 3 people already viewed it and NOT RESPONDED :), but that I didn't put my own times and HP and stuff in....Well....Here it is....

Estimated HP(haven't dynoed yet): 200(engine, not rearwheel)
0-60: 11.13 (my best to date)
1/4 mile: Never been recorded(not worth it)

There we go....Not impressive in the slightest, but I'm not done yet....Anyways....For each view that is on this thread, there SHOULD BE a reply...Come on guys...Only takes a few minutes(1 maybe 2)...Let's see the results....Guesses are better than nothing...By the way, anyone know what a stock Explorer (preferably 1995 or so) does 0-60 in? I would really appreciate that, but keep focused on the main topic of this thread....WHO IS THE FASTEST?? :)

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

Mine is definately the fastest Explorer in...

... my driveway! LOL

Dang Matt....That's gonna be pretty hard to beat man....Maybe flyguy, Troll or Cameron might wanna step in on that one.....Come on guys......Let's hear the responses...Even if they're something like what mattadams did....

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

I gonna dyno my truck soon, I'll tell you then.

There ya go....Be sure about your numbers, but you do not have to be....I'm looking for at least educated estimates here guys, this is not a scientific study, just a search to find out who has the most power and who is the fastest(because they could technically be two different vehicles). So....The question still stands....WHO IS THE FASTEST? WHO IS THE MOST POWERFUL? Come on guys....let's keep em going....And Alec, why don't ya maybe estimate the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, and maybe even HP....Just an estimate...

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires
PIAA 9007 Super-White Headlights(adds 40 rearwheel hp :) )

Ok then,

Ballpark HP (engine): 200-205 (probably nowhere close)
1/4 mile: probably around 16-16.5 in the 80's
0-60: timed by a friend of mine, and he probably royally messed up: 8 sec.
60-0: not fast enough, but for sure under 200 ft.

Cool....I thank you for at least trying to estimate. Now, how about everyone else who's viewed but not RESPONDED?? Come on....Here's a few people I wanna see respond within the next couple of hours(like 24): Troll, Cameron, flyguy
Come on guys, we need to find out WHO IS THE FASTEST...We can't do it without your input...Let's keep the info comin in...I'm sure you're all curious as to who truly is the fastest....I am...Keep this goin...

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

So far...I think I can take all you OHV guys. :) As far as your HP predictions... NO WAY!!! hahaha.. my last dyno was only 188 (engine) and 13-something rear wheel. That was without my headers though... Ill have it in the dyno again within a few weeks. Also... have any of you guys have the pleasure of peeling out in your explorer? Its fun. :) As far as acually racing anybody... I dont think Ive beat anything... cept maybe a suburban, full of screaming kids... and 2 flat tires. :)

I cant wait to get some cash.. and for BBK to release their supercharger... Im considering just getting another brand...

nick

P.S. If you want really fast... I can time travel with my new computer chip...

Fly what makes you think you can take me? Im bored .40 over with ported and polished heads, flows and intake. Id smoke that automatic shifting at 3k rpm. And im sure as many people on this page own explorers that no ones taking off before me when that light hits green.

Oh, and Sean all this numbers dont mean a damn thing if you have driving skills equal to your grandma. See you at the finsh line (or the next light)

PS No offence :D

I'm outta this one,....my truck is nicknamed 'sloth'.

0 - 60 times... you mean it will go that fast?

lmao......I like that one goober :)

Haha... well you signature didnt have your mods on it... AND! I dont shift at 3K thank you. :p Its somewhere between 4500 and 5000. The other day I was at around 5200 and 5300. Anyone know how hard you can push the 4.0 before blowing something up? hmm... anyways... I cant say that Im bored over yet.. (its planned) but that will have to wait... I do have my new heads in though! :) I think a race would be intresting though... as far as taking off the line... I think I take off as fast as humanly possible in an explorer.. but if you have a manual... those thinks always manage to get everywhere quicker. :)

nick

Originally posted by SeanM
Ok...After writing all that, I realized that not only have 3 people already viewed it and NOT RESPONDED :), but that I didn't put my own times and HP and stuff in....Well....Here it is....

Estimated HP(haven't dynoed yet): 200(engine, not rearwheel)
0-60: 11.13 (my best to date)
1/4 mile: Never been recorded(not worth it)

...snip...
Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

Dead Link Removed

Here is one of the timeslips from when a co-worker (Kerry) and I went to the track last March. His Explorer is a '98 AWD XLT V8 and mine is a '97 4x4 SOHC Sport. Both were completely stock at the time. His has 19K miles on it now ( I don't know what it had at the time), mine had about 50K miles on it (I have 59K on it now). Both have 4.10 axle and had 255 70R16 tires at the time. I haven't ran mine since I made the mods. in my signature. I'm waiting for it to cool off some more here in Phoenix, probably late October.

Summary of mine:

0-66.66 MPH 10.487 seconds
1/4 mile 16.374 seconds @ 83.04 MPH
60-0 MPH no idea, quicker than a school bus

My stock 91 four door with 3.55s and the 5spd has been beaten by a worn out 1980 Honda. Explorers are not race cars.

Ok....I am starting to want to shoot myself. I have 113k miles on my 1995 Explorer XLT V6 OHV. I have the following mods:

Flowmaster 40 series Cat-back
K&N FIPK
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

Why am I doing 0-60 times in 11.13?? Maybe when I buy either a Superchip or Hypertech module, that will help a lot, but why am I not even close to 10 seconds flat for the 0-60? Well, don't answer that unless you feel like e-mailing me or something, because this thread is all about who is the fastest as of yet. Oh, and by the way Tony91Sport...You say all of what you did, but where are your times? HP? Anything? All you put down were words...I am not trying to single you out, but at least provide some input on your rigs, guys(and gals). Even if it's in the form of Goober or Paul Gagnon(ie just comedy). Keep this going, I'm sure it will attract some attention from TROLL and CAMERON! :) Let's hear your times guys.....Keep em coming....Right now, it sounds like Robert has the lead with:
0-60: 10.47
1/4 mile: 16.374

Keep it going and tell your friends :)

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

Originally posted by SeanM
....Right now, it sounds like Robert has the lead with:
0-60: 10.47
1/4 mile: 16.374

Make that 0-66.66 MPH 10.47 seconds. I don't have a 0-60 time (which should be in the low 8s). The time came from my 1/8 mile time which came in 10.47 seconds @ 66.66 MPH. Again this run was when my Explorer was completely stock. I'll post times with my modifications in about 6 weeks when I can run it in cooler weather.

Who has the lead? have you forgotten that I can get 0-60 YESTERDAY if I wanted to? Time travel is cool.

nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nick, I would really like to see the fabrication on the time warp unit. How much did the whole set-up cost ya? How many hours did it take? But seriously.....Someone get a hold of Cameron or Troll or anybody else who you know that is really up there in the power range/times range. Keep this thread alive....

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

Back