• Register Today It's free!

'00 KKM Installation help

Fantasymon

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Hey Ive had the KKM for my 2000 explorer since last summer and still have not figured out how to install the stupid thing. Its just been sitting in my garage. I havent tried all that hard but now i really want it in..
I've been told its really easy.

Anyone wanna give me some detailed directions??

Thanks,
GrantP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

didnt it come with instructions???

not that i know of....i called the company but they said that theres no directions and that its "incredibly easy"

KKM makes a great product for a good price, but the company does indeed suck in my opinion too.

First you will need to remove your stock airbox, then attach the filter adaptor to the MAS and on my '99, I used the included bracjet to attach it to the front of the truck.

Attachments

• kkm1.jpg
    kkm1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 214

Another view....

Attachments

• kkm2.jpg
    kkm2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 219

Hey thanks a lot ... I'll go try it in a little bit

Grant

I was wondering if there was any hoses that need to be plugged with the KKM. Ive seen some stuff about hoses getting plugged? Maybe its just the early years? Any idea?

Originally posted by jt1970m
I was wondering if there was any hoses that need to be plugged with the KKM. Ive seen some stuff about hoses getting plugged? Maybe its just the early years? Any idea?

Just the early years.

Mine came with instructions. I have a '00. The instructions were plain and simple -- as well as the install.

Would it be bad to use K&N cleaner/oil on the S&B filter for KKM????

kkreit01: Yes you can use the K&N cleaner on KKM and visa versa!

Back