• Register Today It's free!

00 Mountaineer frt diff swap

PSVIP

Reaction score
City, State
Portsmouth,NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer AWD
I am wondering what the original equiptment front differiental is on my 00 mountaineer. I have in hand a spicer 35 ltd slip unit along with rev cut 410 gears, and am curious as to if these parts will work in tis application??. The parts were originally for my '94 sport. As a side note I also plan to install an auburn progrip and gearset for the rear. In the future I will be installing a quaiffe center diff. upgrading the trans to handle the roots-type supercharged 5.8l (est 520 hp.) edelbrock IAS and some costom help locating the rear axle will be fab'd if necessary. Ford lightning wheels drilled/slotted(4) brembo rotors and 4 pot alcons (frt) straight out of a Cup car!. Its amazing what you can find for reasonable costs on Racingjunk.com
Anyways, let me know about the front diff thingy!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the D35 you have a twin traction beam setup? That is the only front D35 that I know of (with reverse cut r&p). If it is, no, it won't work on the front of your truck. Very different setups.

Welcome Aboard!

Er Uh didnt the twin i beam thing end in 04?? well anyways, that is what the diff was originall intended for was a twin I beam setup.

Thanks for the help how about the model number for that front diff ??

Your '00 has an IFS Dana 35 (known as SLA, short-long arm). It uses standard cut gears.

so.....I guess that I dont need the reverse cut then... right?? sorry I like to be sure

Originally posted by PSVIP
so.....I guess that I dont need the reverse cut then... right?? sorry I like to be sure

Not that you don't need them. You can't use them. Totally different.

You need D35 standard cut gears.

THANKS FOR ALL YOURHELP:eek:

Back