'01 explorer sport 2d and sports trac doors. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'01 explorer sport 2d and sports trac doors.

lasprintking

Reaction score
City, State
MIAMI, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 SPORT 2D
Are the interior of the 2001 explorer sport and the sport trac the same. The door handle on my explorer sport broke and im wondering would the items under the door panel be the same for both of these vehicles? Any help appreciated thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the geometry for some of the parts may be off, since the door on the sport and the door on the ST are two different lengths.

Ok thanks. Well my prblem is I let my sister use the truck after I got another car the door panel is now off and I have no idea what parts I need to buy to get it in working order because I don't know what was under there other than the door handle and the switches.

What is missing? ...like window tracks, wiring...?

I think its whatever connects to the door handle that opens the door....I could be wrong and it may jus need the door handle

I'll be at the junkyard this weekend, I'll snap some pics for you...

It could be as simple as the rod just coming off of the handle or the clip the connects the two broke. Usually in these cases it's a simple fix.

Got some pics, not sure if anything in here helps, but here goes...

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

Back