01 Sport Trac - Help with Cylinder Misfire Error Codes Appreciated! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 Sport Trac - Help with Cylinder Misfire Error Codes Appreciated!

redhill

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Ranger
Hello,

I hope this post finds everyone (and their Ford!) doing well.

I'm getting three error codes:
P1000 Drive Cycle Test Not Complete
PO301 Cylinder 1 Misfire
PO302 Cylinder 2 Misfire

The truck has some issues. The timing chain (as is common on these engines) is starting to go. I think we all know what that means.

Also, the front differential cover is leaking, the upper (or perhaps lower) oil pan needs to be replaced, the the drivers side front axle seal (or pinion?) also has a slow leak. I'm working on saving some money to fix all this and until then am driving as little as possible.

So my question is: are these error codes related to the leaks or timing chain issue? Also, is the P1000 error code related to the cylinder misfire error codes? The guy at Advance Auto said that the 301 and 302 error codes were likely due to spark plugs or coils. I have not changed the spark plugs or messed with them in any way...

Is changing the plugs the best way to start? I haven't done that since I bought it a couple years ago.

Any help appreciated as I need to get this truck back on the road as a daily driver ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

Back