'02 Heated seat wiring help | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'02 Heated seat wiring help

Okay i have a quick question. Tonight i attempted to hook up my 01 explorer seats. My 96 had power lumbar and some other thing that adjusted on the side. I pulled out my old seats and hooked up the gray/yellow wire and the blue/ white wire to the two power suplies that were there factory and grounded the ground wire. It was just a test but the seats heated up. However I have also done the explorer lighted visors and upper consol ( with the direction and temp) install. When i first installed the seats they didnt appear to heat up but later thay started heating however my map lights, explorer upper thing display, lighted visorsare not tuning on with the key. My lights that are on when my door are open are now not turning on when my door is open. However sometimes when it wants to and they will all work. my light also wont turn on with the dimmer switch correctly. Sometimes it will and sometimes it wont. If it turns on with the switch it wont turn off. There is a click when they switch on and off that you can hear from the dash. I uninstalled the seats and it still does the same thing. My truck however has a low battery because it hasnt been run in a while due to a blown transmission and broken starter. Can a low battery cause this and my seats are working correctly? or did i mess something up that i will need to fix???? please help!!!

reviving an old thread

i was trying to figure out how to wire up the heated seats from a 2002 explorer and came across this thread which is really old and didn't give me any answers and that bugs me so i figured it out myself yesterday and made a short how to video hope this helps the next guy looking for info.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxfSQgw-VQU

Back