04 Explorer EB Center Console Removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Explorer EB Center Console Removal

hobbitt1

Reaction score
City, State
danvers,ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB
I just bought an 04 EB Explorer and the cigarette plug does not work in the front center console. I took the 4 screws out from the bottom and the 2 screws at the top but it is still not free. Can anyone tell me how to take apart the center console the right way, I dont want to break anything. I checked the fuses they are all good.

thanks

Welcome aboard.

Ford calls them Power Points now. My '02 Explorer Owners Manual says they're fed from power fuses #7 and #9 in the Battery Junction Box (under the hood, near the battery). I'd double check those fuses before I pulled the center console. Also, check your Owners Manual to make sure they are still fuses #7 and #9, Ford changed a few items around during the Gen 3 run.

If you still need to get the console out send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a PDF file from the '03 Explorer Service manual for Center Console R and R.

I just wired in a GPS unit, in '04 there is an extra plug, not used under the console, my guess for the Cig lighter. The center piece, not the whole console, is held in place with clips. Just pulls up, similar to the center bezel.

Back