04 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition clock spring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition clock spring

Broziol

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer EBE
I have a question regarding my 04 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. My steering wheel controls for my music and HVAC system have been acting up for a little while. I learned to deal with it, that is until my cruise control stopped working. My airbag light is not flashing. I did my clock spring on my old Nissan titan a couple times so I am pretty familiar with The process of swapping this part out. It looks like it will be easier to do on the Ford explorer. The only issue I am having is finding the right part for my vehicle. So here’s my question.Because the Eddie Bauer edition has so many buttons on the steering wheel, is the clock spring that I need different than say a Ford Explorer of the same year with no steering wheel controls? I figure all of those wires from the steering wheel controls have to plug into somewhere. The ones I have seen online only have one or two plug-ins. I am just confused on what clock spring to buy. Because this part is an expensive one, I do not want to buy the wrong one . Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

-Nick

Back