• Register Today It's free!

04 Mercury Mountaineer AC issue

dugeefresh

Reaction score
City, State
Spring TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mercury Mountaineer
Hello I'm new here but a fairly good mechanic. Working on a 04 mountaineer w front and rear scroll ac. replaced the compressor aftermarket added 6oz pag 46, motorcraft accumulator added 6 oz pag 46, red motorcraft orifice. vacuumed for over an hour charged with 4 1/2, 12oz cans r-134. head pressures are close to 300... at 96 and the low side is hitting 60. I know this is not right and the inside is blowing 75... so the question... is this a rear expansion valve problem ??? replaced the compressor, it was leaking from the front but no major failure... also does these scroll compressors thump??? I could feel both at the high side pulsating and see it in the high side gauge fluttering. HELP !!!

system calls for 13oz pag and 56oz Freon, I put Freon in on the low side upside down liquid and expelled the gas from the can.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I moved your thread into our Stock 2002-2005 subforum. Hopefully the right folks will see it here.

Dugee are you from Seneca? Anyway, there is a recent thread here concerning rear AC orifice tube, and member Number4 has posted some high quality photos...check it out it may help you.

You replaced the compressor and accumulator and added almost a full charge of oil. The condenser, evaporators and lines hold oil too. Did you measure the amount of oil that came out by chance?

If it's over charged (oil and refridgerant) it won't cool. I don't know that the pressures will be whacked.

It seems like the system has air in it. How long did you let the system set after the vacuum to insure it held?

This thread talks about the rear filter, as previously mentioned.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423593

Back