07 Explorer 4.6 - PCM Not Grounding A/C Relay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 Explorer 4.6 - PCM Not Grounding A/C Relay

wpannone

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
I have recently installed a new instrument cluster as the original one shorted out. I installed a used instrument cluster from a junk yard (same exact model number as original cluster) and did a PATS Parameter Reset to get the car running again. It turns out that used cluster had some issues (4x4 light not engaging) and the A/C was not working, so I returned it and got a brand new (never installed) cluster. The new cluster eliminated my 4x4 problem, but the A/C problem still persists. I took it to my A/C guy and he told me the PCM was not grounding the A/C relay, and he could not do anything about it. I was able to replicate the problem by rigging a wire from the pin in the relay to ground and the A/C clutch kicked-on, but I obviously can't run it like that non-stop.

So I tried doing another Parameter Reset and a PCM KAM reset to no avail. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another reset I am missing, or do I need a new PCM? I am using a Autel MaxiDAD DS808 scan tool with the Ford IDS software. Thank you.

Back