07 Ford Explorer EB AC Clicking/Ticking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 Ford Explorer EB AC Clicking/Ticking

ZachEB07

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hello, I have a 2007 Ford Explorer EB V8 with the dual and steering wheel climate controls. I have been hearing a strange ticking and clicking sound from what seems to be under the front passenger glove box and through the center vents in the front. The clicking sound is more apparent when the AC is on full blast at a lower temperature and clicks in short/random pulses. The sound goes away after driving for about 5 minutes and the air still blows cold. Only problem is that it is annoying while trying to drive and any help would be appreciated.

Could be a motor associated with vent/temp control under there. Sticking or jumping if its jammed. Listen and or watch in the driveway. Turn off climate control and if it goes away you know its associated with it.

Sounds like the good 'ol Actuator under the dash.. It's super simple to swap out. I swapped all 3 of mine out.. One under the dash, and the 2 in the rear Aux A/C. The problem is most likely the gears inside the actuator...

Take a look at these vids.

Back