07 Sport Trac Tonneau Cover Keys | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 Sport Trac Tonneau Cover Keys

Tonneau Cover Locks

Just had a friend give me an original equipment tonneau cover off of his 2005 Sport Trac. My Sport Trac is also a 2005. My questions are, can I have the existing locks re-keyed and the cable assemblies are in need of replacement. Are the latter available?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MH01535.gif

Theoretically yes, but parts for '05 and earlier Sport Tracs are getting harder and harder to come by.

Does your friend not have the keys for the cover?

My friend told me his keys didn't work either of the locks anymore. So to get into the cab end, he pulled the emergency escape handle and I believe it has disabled that lock. The tailgate lock just quit working. He still has his Sport Trac and I would just feel funny about having a key to his truck.

Oh his ignition key works the cover locks. Sorry I missed that.

When I sold my tonneau I included a non chipped key to the new owner.

A decent locksmith should be able to pull the tumblers apart and key them to your ignition in a half hour or so. Cost me 50 bucks to get both done on my 07.

I've had a Sport Trac for 4 years and haven't used the tonneau cover key once, I'm not even sure if I have the key, as long as you leave your tailgate locked, there's no way anyone can steal your tonneau cover!

I've had a Sport Trac for 4 years and haven't used the tonneau cover key once, I'm not even sure if I have the key, as long as you leave your tailgate locked, there's no way anyone can steal your tonneau cover!

Thats exactly how my aftermarket on works. It may be a little extra effort but this route could save you some money.

I use mine at least once a week in the summer. I have a mobicool stuffed with Pilsner back there all summer. Easy access for Slow pitch, camping and other events. The 12v plug in is a wonderful thing in the back of these trucks.

I use mine almost daily also.

Cya

Back