• Register Today It's free!

1.25/1.5 BTF lift

03explorer90

Reaction score
City, State
Burlington, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer EB
alright everyone so I have a 03 explorer eb with 265/70/17 ats. I currently have a 2" front spacer from btf and have had it for a almost two years. I got that size thinking it would level with the rear but it did way more. Actually gave me some Cali lean.

Does anyone on here have either a 1.25 or 1.5 front spacer on their explorers? If so could you post some pics for me.

I really just want to level it out pretty much. So I'm not sure if I should go 1.25 or 1.5. Tired of the Cali lean look

alright everyone so I have a 03 explorer eb with 265/70/17 ats. I currently have a 2" front spacer from btf and have had it for a almost two years. I got that size thinking it would level with the rear but it did way more. Actually gave me some Cali lean.

Does anyone on here have either a 1.25 or 1.5 front spacer on their explorers? If so could you post some pics for me.

I really just want to level it out pretty much. So I'm not sure if I should go 1.25 or 1.5. Tired of the Cali lean look

It is important to note that spacer size does not equal lift amount.

I just ordered a kit from BTF. Their 3" lift\level kit uses a 2.25in spacer up front and a 1.75in spacer in the rear which nets lifts of 3" and 2.5" respectively due to suspension geometry. I believe their 2" front lift uses a 1.5in spacer up front.

I assume you now have a 1.75" rear rake. If you only wanted to eliminate the factory 0.5" front rake I suspect you need only a 0.5in spacer which I don't know if they are available/safe. BTF said they wont do a spacer less than 1.5in because you can't get a wrench in there. On a 0.5, I reckon you wouldn't need a second stud but I'm not sure if that is a saftey issue to simply pass the stud through. The 3" lift and level kit works because it negates the 0.5" difference between front and rear while using a spacers over 1.5in.

I would recommend calling BTF. Brandon has a wealth of knowledge and wants to help you get the look/function you desire.

That is correct. I was told to multiply whatever size spacer by 1.5 to give you the approximate lift total. So I guess I should've said I have a 2" spacer x 1.5 which gives me 3" upfront give or take a little. I did see on google images that a fourth gen had a 1.25" btf spacer and he said he was about a half inch lower than the rear and he only had the front spacer. How that is idk if their is only about .5" difference between front and rear. But the 1.25 would net me just shy of 2" total up front. About 1.85 to be more accurate

Back