• Register Today It's free!

1,500 RPMS...Bumbidy Bump!

Mr. MuD

Reaction score
City, State
Clawson, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' XLT
When I am going about 50 or 50+ and at a steady 1,500 RPMS, my truck will vibrate noticably...then if i give it gas to get out of the range of those rpms or let off on the gas pedal it stops.

What do you think it is?...maybe something with my exhaust?

Thanks

-Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first do a visual of your driveshaft, exhaust, susp, and steering. If nothing obvious, drive at the speed the vibration happens and shift into the next lower gear. if vibration goes away it is rpm related. If it stays it is speed sensitive. Have your tires balanced. midas will do a inspection and road test for free. Good Luck! Dirty driveshafts are notorious for doing what you describe!

could be your rear wheel/axel bearings.... around 50 or so... itll hum or bump.... but them when you put laod on it it will go away.... right? the sound will make its way up the driveshaft.... the drive shaft amps... any rear end noise.... if the noise goes away under load.... i would be thinking rear end....

cool thanks guys!

-Mike

Definately see if it's speed related or RPM related. If speed related, it has to do with wheels/suspension. If RPM related, has to do with the driveline.

Back