1 800 Cars For Kids Won't Even Accept this POS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1 800 Cars For Kids Won't Even Accept this POS

Sea_Ray

Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited Hybrid AWD
All kidding aside If I posted how I really feel, some moderator would flag it. I've owned more New Fords than your average reader's age. I hate to see Ford going down the toilet like our country.
if i remember what the service advisor said when they called an Actuator is order for the trans/AWD

This is the second time these faults have occurred Nov 27th 2023 and today Feb 20 th 2024

Feb 20th 2024.PNG

Nov 27 2023.PNG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unfortunately, when people say to avoid all new models the first year, they should be saying 2 years. Most of the problems that afflict MY2020 weren't corrected until late MY2021. I'd also be hesitant to get any hybrid as these types of car seem very problematic. The Pacifica hybrid is one of the most problematic cars on the road and it's been around since 2017!

Call Ford Customer Service. Get a claim started. This will help get engineering involved to help the dealership. More importantly, this will help if you need to use the Lemon Law.

Thanks for the replies, If you look at the TSB bullentins you'll see problems on several drive tranes spanning 5 years or more. When same parts are used over multiple models and or years the model being 1st or 2nd is irrelevant..... bad production of drive tranes is bad no matter what the year. The quality control has been replaced with DEI & wokeness.

The tranfercase actuator motor was replaced.

As for "Call Ford Customer Service. Get a claim started" They have proven to a bunch imbeciles. I started calling them from the 2nd day I bought the vehicle.

I switched Dealers From Currie Ford Of ValPo ( seeling Dealer ) which I purchased the 2018 2020 & 2021 from to local dealer. Drove in 11Am yesterday and just got back home with it 28 hours later.

What's the milestones update? The only progress I see adding up is the fault codes.

Unfortunately, when people say to avoid all new models the first year, they should be saying 2 years. Most of the problems that afflict MY2020 weren't corrected until late MY2021. I'd also be hesitant to get any hybrid as these types of car seem very problematic. The Pacifica hybrid is one of the most problematic cars on the road and it's been around since 2017!

Knock wood, zero issues with our late 2020 ST. It has not been back to the dealer since we bought it. Over 40,000 miles on it now. It has an open recall for the backup camera, but since we never had the issue I haven't brought it in for the "fix".

Back