18" Steelies | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18" Steelies

Mikey*TX

Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Star White
Ordered the PIU steelies today for the ST. This will allow for the use of EMT's. Picts when completed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used them for Winter on my 2014 MKT and 2017 Platinum.

Peter

Attachments

• PA290304_001.JPG
    PA290304_001.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Winter Wheels.JPG
    Winter Wheels.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 373

Sadly, it's not going to happen. The price I was quoted was per wheel, not for a set of 4

Sadly, it's not going to happen. The price I was quoted was per wheel, not for a set of 4

Yes, it is pretty stupid they are over $300 each but in Canada, under $100. And to top it off, the 11-19s are low 100s. There is no reason 4 steel rims should be $1,200+

I needed two steel wheels for my 2014 PIU. My cost at my Ford dealer was $120 each for the OEM police ones. The thick metal and heavy ones lol. With the dollar exchange in your favor these days, they should run you about $88 USD. Mind you if you want tires, the OEM Goodyear police tires here are a fortune, just under $300 and not everyone will sell them. The only thing that will be expensive will be the shipping. To give you an example, I can ship with FedEX an engine from Massena, NY to West Palm Beach, FL cheaper than a 12" x 20" box weighing 30 lbs from Montreal, QC to Philly, PA lol.

Hope this helps.

I’m sure there’s an aftermarket steel wheel that would fit.

Not sure what Fords issue is. Ask Smoke what it cost him for a curbed rim replacement ................... Sucks

What's really nuts is I bought forged wheels from TSW in 18" that look just like the 21" OEM wheels. $328 ea. The Michelin run flats are in my garage waiting for the wheels.
truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-mozambique-5-both-both-matte-black-std-250.jpg

It would almost pay to have them shipped from a Canadian dealer.

Peter

Or, just buy an aftermarket steel wheel.

Ordered the PIU steelies today for the ST. This will allow for the use of EMT's. Picts when completed.
Do you have the performance package on the ST or the standard ST brakes?

Back