• Register Today It's free!

1991 Ford XLT Brake Problems

catfisher81

Reaction score
City, State
London, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Ford Ranger XLT
first off my brake pedal would have a lot of pressure when I would go to stop and I would actually not be able to stop my vehicle. So i decided to change my booster. My brake master cylinder is fine. I bleed the back right, front left, and front right, because the back left i am not able to get the bleeder loose. but when i am driving i hit the breaks i have not a whole lot pedal and it seems like when the vehicle is off i can pump the brakes and i get a stiff pedal, i mean super stiff pedal. but when i go hit the brakes the pedal is stiff, and will not stop on contact but as the pedal eases down it stops. i know i did not bleed the back left side, but what is the cause of all this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New clutch,pressure plate, throughout bearing, and just replaced the clutch slave cylinder
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
new alt, starter, battery, selinoid on firewall, bosh platnum plugs, new wires.
==-=======I have put alot into this vehicle and i want a good brake system.
PLease help me..:usa:

Back Left: Try Bleeding it by loosening the Steel Line. Pump up the pedal, hold it , and have someone crack the Line loose from the Wheel Cylinder , pedal goes down hold it while the Line gets tightened. repeat. this works fine on Drum Brakes

Back