• Register Today It's free!

1992 powerslot rotors?

beast

Reaction score
City, State
Mukilteo, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Can the 93-94 powerslot rotors be used on a 92? I didnt think there was any difference. Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That only difference I can think of is maybe ABS. I'm not sure if '92 had ABS. If they did, I have no idea what the difference could be.

ya, I think you're right, the 92 only has rear ABS i think. Hmm, I wonder if the 93 can still be used?

do you have a link to these?...I'd like to check them out for myself

I don't think all '93 and '94 had ABS though, I know the ABS ones cost $10 or $20 more. If the only difference is ABS than they're fine to use on your '92. Why do you want to use the '93-'94?

I see those sites list '93-'94 as the lowest years. EE is usually good about knowing what fits and what doesn't, but then after a quick look on eBay, there are cross-drilled rotors for '91-'94. They aren't Powerslot, but they're really all the same.

I got a pair of 93-94 powerslot rotors in my garage from a friend, I just wasn't sure if I can use them. But I think I remember John from explorerexpress saying that you can just remove the abs ring and they'll work in a thread awhile back.

actually i think you can just leave the abs ring on and it will work also.....

however, you might want to check, but with front brake rotors on some of them, it matters what gearing you have... the dana 35 on those had carrier splits

They will work, ignore the stator ring for the 92 model....same rotor, the only diff is the ring. You can see the 93-94 have a notched spindle and a hole in the knuckle for the ABS sensor, the 91-92 did not, also many 93's also did not have ABS....

It will fit, you MIGHT have a dust guard on your spindle and that sucker may have to come off to clear the ABS ring on the rotor.....no biggie, 5 bolts

ok sounds good, thanks

Back